Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unsigned bands.

Options
  • 02-08-2005 12:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

anyone know any worth mentioning? my brothers band is just starting up properly, which made me realise how important publicity is! so, if you know of any, post about it!
    theyre called the burning effigies, which is a sh1te name, it sounds like a death-metal band, which they aint. theyre cool, kind of like jerry fish.their album, pipe dreams, is in hmv and tower and theyve got a gig on the 14th of september(yes, the day i get my results)in the sugar club.
    http://www.burningeffigies.com

....lets shove this in for good measure.:D

also stoat are very cool.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Itchy Trigger Finger

Mike Got Spiked

Morello

Might be signed, but not well known. Have played at gigs in Carlow, all pretty good.

THere's also a bunch of young fellas from (I think) Bray, called Atonal. Pretty good as well, I'm reasonably sure they aren't signed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭goin'_to_the_PS

the stoned prunes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

felix garcia

shrockety oops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Hobotastic

Phalanx, a band my brother plays lead guitar in. They have an album, Begging For More, and an ancient demo that is best forgotten about... heheh, ah no, it's not that bad. For anyone who happens to be both interested and in the Loughrea/Co. Galway area, they're playing a gig on monday in O'Deas hotel. Myeh.

Did I mention I did the artwork for the album? Yep. I'm cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Spraypaint

Kader Fyre and Nomad are both rattling around the Limerick circuit and are both pretty class.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Dirtydancer

ok, my bro's in a band called Jerome's Law and they basically all met at ctyi a few years ago and they need some supporters. They're reeeally good and they play gigs in the Sugar Club and at the Draiocht Arts Centre in Blanchardstown among other places so watch out for them :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Flashling

the stoned prunes

Who are you? (Because I know them, played at Mary's battle of the bands right? Rowans band, RIGHT? Wow, I"m coming off as really creepy....but I'm Chris' sister. Chris of Prime Stroking Postion, btw. Oh wait, you know the PS. So I suppose you're friends with him? And you went to CTYI? See first question.)(Yeah, he'll never post here again.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Jim_Are_Great

Waterford - the very home of unnoticed talent - has several great unsigned chaps, including;

Schlumph
    Zenith
    Jilted Stranger
    Hot-Blooded Animals
    Torann
    Floyd Soul And The Wolf
    And Many More

Indeed - come to Waterford for all your Musical needs. Sun, sea and shopping - Waterford has it all. So come on down to Waterford for a taste of the sunny South-East. YOu'll be glad you came, and we'll be glad to have you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

Dublin - worth mentioning:

Emily

The Upgrades

Scattered Ashes

Jerome's Law (whose sibling are you, earlier poster?)

The Daze (the bittersweet taste of a self-plug)

The Daze - Emily - Jerome's Law in Draiocht, Blanchardstown, 15th and 16th of September, 5 euro, if you CARE!

Zomp.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Bands worth seeing huh? well i went to a band called the happy mondays or something like that - go dragged there by simon the TA - the lead singer was friends of them - if you guys ever get the chance to see them, go!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

Not so much unsigned as past their prime though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Dirtydancer

Karlusss wrote:
    Jerome's Law (whose sibling are you, earlier poster?)
    I'm Jerome's lil sis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

Drogheda:
    Ventilin Pimps (yes worst name ever, took em up on it after a gig)
    Jericho

Dublin:
    Ro Tierney - a wonderfully talented singer songwriter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

crash_000 wrote:
    Bands worth seeing huh? well i went to a band called the happy mondays or something like that - go dragged there by simon the TA - the lead singer was friends of them - if you guys ever get the chance to see them, go!

the happy mondays were one of the big early 90s baggie bands. They were involved in the Madchester scene. Bez (the guy who just danced on stage while out of his head was in celebrity BB). Played support at Slane in 1999. Not bad.

Like your sig.

and jim are great
    i've heard one of jilted stranger's songs a couple of times. Quite excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭COCK

anyone heard of stwitch?

hes hard dance/techno/electronica.

He kicks ass and he does a lot of the underground clubs around the dublin area.

he just lost his record contract because his album wasnt 'poppy' enough, so hes trying to find a new record company.

He opened for LCD soundsystem and M83 at triptich festival in Aberdeen and Glasgow

Hes so good

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Flashling wrote:
    Who are you? (Because I know them, played at Mary's battle of the bands right? Rowans band, RIGHT? Wow, I"m coming off as really creepy....but I'm Chris' sister. Chris of Prime Stroking Postion, btw. Oh wait, you know the PS. So I suppose you're friends with him? And you went to CTYI? See first question.)(Yeah, he'll never post here again.)

I go to Marys. I go to those Battles of the Bands. How odd...

Hmmm...

*cough cough*

*cough cough cough*

I think I got some phlegm here...

*cough cough cough*

ThePoster.jpg

Woah. That was a nasty cough. I should get it checked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Shellie13

Waterford - the very home of unnoticed talent - has several great unsigned chaps, including;

Schlumph
    Zenith
    Jilted Stranger
    Hot-Blooded Animals
    Torann
    Floyd Soul And The Wolf
    And Many More

Indeed - come to Waterford for all your Musical needs. Sun, sea and shopping - Waterford has it all. So come on down to Waterford for a taste of the sunny South-East. YOu'll be glad you came, and we'll be glad to have you.

WhooH!!!! Fair point donnacha!!! Torann are especially kewl-all drummers-defo worth seeing!!! and lets not forget The Gentlemen and the cresendo's! thpough you make it sound like a tourist hot-spoy- bar the summer festival my friend our city sucks!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭the_only_Ali

There's some sort of festival this weekend in Dublin involving unsigned bands. You buy a ticket and you can wander from venue to venue. I'd be interested in going but the big reunion coincides with it. I don't know what kind of bands play it though, I assume alternative/rock sort of stuff, but I've heard most of them aren't THAT great. Anyone know anything more?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Hard Working Class Heroes by any chance?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Flashling

I go to Marys. I go to those Battles of the Bands. How odd...

You go to Marys? I'm a Highschoolian, ex Louis-er! Madness! What year are you in? Oh yes, and Prime Stroking Position are great. (see, I can be on-topic...)

Idlewild are playing HWCH. Beyond that... there's no-one in Dublin REALLY worth paying to see.

'cept Jerome's Law.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Jack Lynch

There are four bands in Mallow; Drunken Leper, metal band, excellent, Prostethic Hebrew, metal, more excellent, Hoofler, go home, and Mimic, punk band, great, think they're splitting up.

Drunken Leper sometimes do gigs outside of Cork, and Hebrew went to Wicklow once.

I realise that this is probably irrelevant, but i will get more info

Advertisement