Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to go

Options
  • 01-08-2005 11:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭

I`m looking for some where to go tomorrow for a spin like a day out , Im living up johns hill and want to drive somewhere handy enough , not dunmore or tramore though ive been there recently , just somwehere nice to go for a spin or something to do , Im off work for a few days and told the bf and the sisters id take them somewhere , any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Mahon Falls if scenery is your thing. i like going up to the top of it, the view is amazing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

I was thinking there too but itd be far enough from here would it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

OLDYELLAR wrote:
    I was thinking there too but itd be far enough from here would it?

Its not that far - its all main road the whole way out until past Kilmac and then its only another 5 - 10 mins to the parking area by mahon falls from the turn off from the main road.

from the city i'd say about half an hour

I usually go from kilkienny because I used live there , so how would I go about going from here ?Could ya give me directions?

• Advertisement

Just keep travelling out of the town towards Dungarvan - after you bypass Kilmac keep an eye out for the signposts on the right. Its all well signposted and easy to get there.

I havent a clue where to go at all , do i go out over the bridge or what like?

Oh, sorry ammm -
    Head out towards the holy cross pub (out past the motor mile).
    Keep going straight on out that road passing through Kilmeaden (Sweep Bar)
    Keep going straight on passing the cross with turnoffs for Portlaw and Kill (at Louis Dunnes pub - big pinkish coloured place - cant miss it)
    Keep heading straight on.
    Keep an eye out for the Kilmacthomas turn off on your Left.
    PASS the turn off and keep an eye out on your right for signposts for mahon falls.
    You just follow these all the way up the rest of the way.

Hope this helps - god i'm terrible at giving directions.

go to the WIT and head west on the N25, you will pass through Kilmeaden, then Kilmacthomas is a small village on the right hand side maybe 15/20 miles from Waterford. you cant miss it. go on past that and you will see signs that will guide you towards that waterfall. also give the magic road a try :D if you do go to the waterfall

a map might help a bit better

• Advertisement

cool thanx guys and its a handy drive is it , no hill starts or mad traffic ?im a bad driver so i need somewhere handy , out past the holy cross sounds handy enough , just im not great on traffic and hillstarts , are the roads fierce narrow or anything out there?

Na - its a good main road until the turn off after kilmacthomas, then its your typical irish country road - narrow enough - when you get to the road up by the falls though its narrow enough but nothing anyone who hasnt any driving experiience cant handle :D you should be grand. Plus the chances of meeting traffic on those roads on a tuesday is fairly small anyway i should think.

roads up that way are always dead on weekdays

cool , an theres no awkward junctions with hill starts is there>?there my greatest fear on country roads , awkward junctions with hillstarts an ditches ya cant se out past :rolleyes:
    god i probably sound like a right nutter , but im not the best driver so I gotta plan my routes carefully :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

I too was gonna say Mahon Falls, I've said I'd go there myself but cant be arsed half the time to do it. Might do it when I get back from Norwich

OLDYELLAR wrote:
    cool , an theres no awkward junctions with hill starts is there>?there my greatest fear on country roads , awkward junctions with hillstarts an ditches ya cant se out past :rolleyes:
    god i probably sound like a right nutter , but im not the best driver so I gotta plan my routes carefully :)

i dont drive but have been driven there many times. there is nothing difficult ther. even my sister managed it after 3 days driving. you'll be fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭In_the_sea

When ur finished in waterford...Head up the N25 to New Ross, go all around lovely co.Wexford. :D
    We'll give ya a gud time HON!

ou wheres the bit that the car goes magically up hill in neutral?I remember being amazed as a kid by that!

it is just before you reach the gates of Mahon Falls. stop by the tree on the right hand side IIRC

In_the_sea wrote:
    When ur finished in waterford...Head up the N25 to New Ross, go all around lovely co.Wexford. :D
    We'll give ya a gud time HON!

see where Strawberries are made :D

• Advertisement

Mossy Monk wrote:
    see where Strawberries are made :D
    lol , I was goina head to Rosslare to see the greatest thing ever!The stena line , I have a fascination with them , I could watch them all day!

they make me sick and work are taking me on one in september. should be fun, if they book it that is

I love when they go mad rocky an yer flying around the shop bumpin into all the drink an stuff , its mad funny!!hey the magic road , do i just stop in neutral an itll roll backwards?
    im wondering now did my dad actually put the car in reverse just to give us a laugh , I`ll be so disapointed if its not reall magic :(

in neutral and it does move up a hill. some crazy eye illusion. rocking boats aint cool

lol strawberries.
    Yeah, we get that all the time mossy, but hey what the hell every county has its stereotype! :D
    I just wish we could have done better in croker. :mad:
    At least were famous for strawberries at least :D

ah the all ireland belongs to kilkenny folks , the best hurlers in Ireland!
    cool cant wait for this magic hill!!

i have given up on any aspirations on Port Lairge winning the senior hurling anymore. it's like someone put a curse on us in Croke Park. this time of year i normally shout for Cork

:D kilkenny are good hurlers fair dues to yez. I personally dont follow it as much anymore. I play for hurlin club but I lost interest a while ago. I worked in waterford for 2 months now i work in dublin so i aint at home anymore where the heart is. :( so wexford winnin is like nostalgia to my past...what the f**k does nostalgia mean!

why not kilkenny mossy?

• Advertisement

HA!
    i'd be disowned on both sides of the family

my mothers family comes from Cork. i have it drilled into me as a backup for when Waterford **** up. i wouldnt be an out and out supporter, just like seeing them do well when Waterford are out

Advertisement