Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wedding dresses for charity

Options
  • 01-08-2005 10:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

would you like your wedding dress to be put to good use to help orphans and children suffering from abuse in Zambia?? Having worked there for three years and set up the Child in Crisis Centre in Lusaka I wanted to come up with a sustainable idea for funding the project in the long term. I have started collecting wedding dreses, bridesmaids dresses, debs dresses, flowergirls' dressese etc to set up a dress hire business at the YWCA in Lusaka where the Child in crisis Centre is based. The project helps orphans and children who have suffered physical and sexual abuse by hleping families access medical, legal support, counselling, preparing children for court, training professionals and communities about child abuse prevention and childrens' rights. all the proceeds of the dress hire business will go directly to the project - there are no staffing costs as the YWCA programmes are all run by volunteers. If you are interested in donating a dress, please contact me at maeveshakanungu@oceanfree.net. Thank you!

Advertisement