Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new garda uniform???

Options
  • 01-08-2005 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭

hey all ok ive spotted 4 gards on 2 different occasions wearing a wierd black americanish uniform... is it a new uniform to replace the builing site worker/night cyclist uniform??? please say it is
    Post edited by Ten of Swords on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭kermit_ie

it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

link?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

http://www.garda.ie/angarda/press/2005/p27jun2005.html guess i should have googled it before i asked... ok let me rephrase... theres a new garda uniform haha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

i saw it yesterday, looks strange, like overalls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Looks kak. The PSNI uniform is smart. Should have taken some cues from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

That's weird. I saw *loads* of Gardai today, and none of them wearing these uniforms. Or perhaps I just didn't notice cos they may have been wearing the high-vis jackets over them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭RVN10

i saw one today really didnt tale any notice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Yeah been seeing it for about a week now - it kinda seems like Garda wetgear to me - though it does look much better than the aforementioned 'building site' outfit...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭RVN10

Ya it actually does they have new cars like private ones

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

I try never to look Gardai in the eye. I just see dead people.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

seen the uniforms for a while now, it looks more english looking and i always seem to think they have all just gotten of there motorbikes, its wierd im usually used to seeing a bit of navy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

There's nothing wrong with the uniform as such. I just think the Gardai need some instruction on wearing it properly. Too many Gardai look 'untidy' (the best term I can come up with at this time of night). You rarely see an English (or PSNI) copper without a properly worn uniform (shiny shoes included).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

I think it looks a hell of a lot better than their old uniform. They look more like a police force now, smarter looking too. To an extent they look like they actually could look after our best interests.....

If they weren't so lazy. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Soundman wrote:
    If they weren't so lazy. ;)

Hit the nail on the head there

uncle ex sargent agree's ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Sparky_S wrote:
    Hit the nail on the head there

uncle ex sargent agree's ;)

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

alleepally wrote:
    I try never to look Gardai in the eye.

I just leg it. :D:D

Walked the dog in Dún Laoghaire this evening and passed by 2 Gardai down by the aul baths(having a 99 ice cream) out of sight. They had 3/4 length jackets on but they looked different then what they usually wear.
    Didn't have those jackets in the picture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Gick no!
    They look like they've just been shopping in Pennys :(
    To me they look more like bus conductors/inspectors... this is just the worst uniform ever.
    And where are the badge numbers? Is this a special uniform for use on mayday? :eek:
    It looks so sloppy... how can you wear a shirt and tie with that?!
    Bring back the reflective yellow/green coats any day tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Kingsize

Maybe its an "AER LINGUS" style tactic to get some of the older gaurds to retire!! i seen some around town & apart from the fact that most of the cops i seen looked about 12 years old - they didnt appear to be wearing the correct size uniform,it looked sloppy-
    it reminded me of a really scruffy cop i seen in prague a few years ago, he had a filthy beard & was smoking a fag.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

As long as they get rid of those awful hideous skirts that the poor women on the force had to wear.
    Didn 't matter what the person was like; once they put that yoke on their arse$ became the size of Jupiter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

The new waistline shows off the ample tummy of the average rosser to great effect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭shakaman

I love the pic on the garda press release.

Talk about a menacing pair to pick make the public sit up and take notice......mess with us you know what's coming. A cup of tea and a biscuit I'd say.

In all fairness could they not have got a pair of gardai from Templemore for the photo, at least they'd have looked somewhat trim/fit and ready for action

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

I notice that the new uniforms cover up their garda identification number nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,624 ✭✭✭deezell

It certainly 'highlights' their presence.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,873 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

At this rate the old RIC unfiroms will be looking good, middle isle of Lidl or Decathlon discount bin comes to mind

t

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Was just thinking that, you'd imagine they'd pick a cut more flattering to the bulging waist of the common or gardener garda. I wonder will there be some sort of regulation about sizing and ironing so they're not wandering around like schoolkids that slept in their fathers outfit.

The phrase "stocking of shite" springs to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,355 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 14,640 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Threads 17 years old lads.

Not loving the new gear

It looks like really sh1t running gear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,873 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

there was a new uniform released yesterday , lord knows how you find a 15 year old thread on this site, I cant find what I posted yesterday

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement