Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Full Size Gun Safe in Woodies

Options
  • 01-08-2005 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Saw an 8 Gun Fullsize safe in Woodies today 250 Euro, 3 point locking.
    Seems good but would check out has it BS Cert.
    Caus when the CPO came a calling to me she asked was my Brattonsound to BS standard and she was able to quote the number.
    Perhaps she was just well informed or the Gardai are getting up to speed with things and you may find that your safe dosent meet their spec next year.

Also a handy little gismo for around 5 Euro called "mini utility light" by Home Safe. Size of a matchbox and 2 magnetic connectors basically when the door opens the light comes on. Installed it today and works great in the safe.
    Post edited by Cass on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Keelan

I have an Infact Gun safe, it is very good, how would i find out if it is BS standard? Its New.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

The Infac range easily meet the BS7558 standard I'd say. If it has been tested to BS7558, this will normally be stated on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Gun Shy wrote:
    Saw an 8 Gun Fullsize safe in Woodies today 250 Euro, 3 point locking.
    Seems good but would check out has it BS Cert.
    Caus when the CPO came a calling to me she asked was my Brattonsound to BS standard and she was able to quote the number.
    Perhaps she was just well informed or the Gardai are getting up to speed with things and you may find that your safe dosent meet their spec next year.

Which Woodies was this Gun Shy? been looking for one, all i can find are little safes for storing ammo or a handgun.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Gun Shy

Which Woodies was this Gun Shy? been looking for one, all i can find are little safes for storing ammo or a handgun.

The New Woodies in Naas

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Keelan

Thanks Civdef,
    I looked at the safe, cant seem to find any stamp.
    It must be approoved, as its fairly strong. Its the 6 gun with lockable ammo top.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement