Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stupid newbie question - how does a 'Postal League' work???

Options
  • 01-08-2005 5:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭

Would some kind person please explain how 'Postal Leagues' work? :confused:

Do you actually put a target in an envelope and send it off somewhere, or have I got the wrong end of the stick here? Have I even got hold of the correct stick? :D

Excuse my naivete, but what's to stop everyone from getting a maximum score (whatever that is)?

Please be gentle with me :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

No worries Rovi. The idea is that you shoot the card yourself on your home range, the targets are witnessed by the range officer and posted off for scoring by the UCESSA (in some competitions, like the welsh postal, the cards are scored by the club and the targets stored and the scores sent by post to the organisers). What stops everyone cheating? Nothing. The whole thing runs on the honour system. (Of course, if caught cheating, penalties are high - cheating in an NSRA postal, for example, you're banned from postals for life).

They're a great way, though, to test yourself against a very wide field of experienced shooters without having to travel to faraway ranges, and they give you a good motivation to get to the range and shoot - you're more likely to take the hour to shoot the card, for example, if it's round nine and your team has all shot their cards except for yourself and you're in the lead by one or two points...

Advertisement