Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

voluntary service in South America

Options
  • 01-08-2005 1:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hello,

first of all I want to introduce myself shortly because I am new on this board. I am 18 years old living in Germany, near Frankfurt am Main and will reach my final exam (Abitur) in school in one year at the age of 19.

Afterwards I plan to go South America doing a voluntary service in the cultural field or the environmental one for half year. The journey will cost approximately 700 $ per months.
    Why I do that? Because I would like to widen my horizon and get some new impressions of other countries in the world faraway from Europe.
    Moreover I will try to improve my Spanish language skill.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Bam Bam

They speak spanish in Spain too. Cheaper to get to and you're less likely to get kidnapped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Blueshift

You are right, but I want to get to know an other kind of culture and landscape. Incidentally, I will not fly to Ecuador where the risk of being kidnapped is very high. Mexico is more secure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 caminoperegrino

Mexico City is kidnap central, even ordinary people are being lifted and kept for weeks. white boys are a big prize!!!!!!!!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭Thomond Pk

Ecaudor is fine I was there during a very sticking patch in 2002 and had few problems; contact these guys here if you want to get involved in environmental volunteering www.chapari.org ask to be put in contact with Stephan from Leipzig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭Thomond Pk

Thomond Pk wrote:
    Ecaudor is fine I was there during a very sticking patch in 2002 and had few problems; contact these guys here if you want to get involved in environmental volunteering www.chapari.org ask to be put in contact with Stephan from Leipzig

Sorry link should read www.chaparri.org

there are always opportunities for zoologists and there is an urgent requirement for a minerals surveyor (serious threat) even if only for a a few days. A great bunch with full knowledge and connections from the Pacific Coast to the Amazon via the Andes.

TP

• Advertisement
Advertisement