Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SPOILAGE: Thoughts for Season 2

Options
  • 01-08-2005 8:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭

Again, theres major spoilers here, so don't read unless you've watched EVERY EPISODE. Most of these questions relate to events which happened during the last 2/3 episodes.
    Does anyone have any ideas regarding the hatch, and its connection to these 'evil/unlucky numbers'? I reckon that its some sort of pandoras box, which was opened not entirely by dynamite but rather by the prescence of people connected to these numbers. Ie- Hurley, Kate, etc.

The others: (The shows creators assure us that the guys in the boat who took michaels son are in fact 'the others') Was anyone else dissapointed by their appearance? They looked like some homeless guys I know who sleep on the Quays in Dublin.

The monster / protector: Has it been ascertained whether it is a mechanical construct or a living thing? Perhaps a combination of both. At times, an animal wailing sound can be heard, but sometimes mechanical 'clicking' can also be heard when its near.

The trap/hole thing that locke got pulled into: Does anyone else think that Locke was right? That the 'island' is testing him? Do you think that his death could even be possible, or will the island protect him from danger. His mother did tell him that he was a very important piece in the jigsaw, or something.

Obviousness: was it blaringly obvious to anyone else that the second raft would be destroyed also.
    Was it blaringly obvious to anyone that Charlie would resume his herion addiction?

/whew

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Bawpsherep

Hey!

Just thought I'd chime in with some thoughts on what you said:
    Numbers: No idea what the big picture is with them. So far, all we know is that they're "unlucky"...

The Others: I quite liked how the others looked. It was believable enough for me that they'd have that appearance. I loved the fact that they have a boat. Because if they have a boat, then they're on the island for a reason. So what reason is that?!

Monster / Security System: Still no answers on what this is. There's LOADS of theories on the net about what it is from a huge maguingari to a swarm of nanomachines ala Critchton's "Prey". I read an interview with JJ Abrams where he said that so far, we've only seen 5% of the monster, which leads me to believe that this "security system" is entirely based underground and the hatch is merely a way of gaining access to it. But thats yet another theory. We'll have to wait and see.

Obvious that the raft was to be destroyed: Well, I certainly didnt see it being destroyed by people. I just asumed they were going to be caught up in the elements at sea and any damage that was to be done to the raft would have been purely of the natural kind.

Charlies Heroin addiction: What I liked about the finale was how it wasnt exactly explicit in telling us if Charlie was back using drugs. Ok, he had one of those statues in his pocket. But remember that he was previously a religious man and has recently had his faith renewed. I'd like to think that he has completely reformed and not fallen back into his old ways. Especially now that he has a child to look after with Claire. And besides, from a writers point of view, the addiction storyline has lasted an entire season. It would be slightly unimaginative to retell it again for another 20 or so episodes.

Itching to see season 2. Only 50 or so days to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

regarding charlies addiction, i thought he took the top bit from one he broken statues. Why would he bother lugging around a statue when he could have just taken the drugs from it. I doubt after spending a month or so with out the drugs and throwing them away twice he would start again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Maybe he took the statue to remind him about the fact that his a Christian, and so that when he feels the need to take a hit, the statue wil prevent him from doing so. Me 2 cents.

Advertisement