Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pimp My Ride Uk--

Options
  • 01-08-2005 12:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭

Personally i am not a fan that Woodford chap is awfull at presenting it.He spits on everything X to the Z stood for imo.I vote that they make Xzhibit present every tv show that contain a car in it but thats just wishful thinking.anyways what do people think of it compared to the U.S version which was my favorite show to watch drunk.

Pimp My Ride U.K vs. U.S 19 votes

U.S Rawks!
    0% 0 votes
    U.K is the Balls!
    84% 16 votes
    They are both crap
    15% 3 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭ro1798

WESTWOOD is a fu%^&ing looser how old is he 45? thinks he is fifteen
    the mist rehershed show ever. no slant on it from english side at all just A really really bad piss take..
    mt 2 pissed cents

ronan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

US version wins hands down but taking away Westwood the UK version isnt so bad. they did a great job on a Fiat Panda a while back

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

the UK one is too like the american one, even down tot he way it warps from the old car tot he new one, after the pimpifiedness..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Coolésin

I have to say UK is better (not that there is an option for that in the poll,US rawks UK is balls wtf? :P) only because westwoods 'ghettoness' is so exaggerated its funny :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

Mossy Monk wrote:
    US version wins hands down but taking away Westwood the UK version isnt so bad. they did a great job on a Fiat Panda a while back

No they didnt. They ruined it so there wasnt enough seats for him and his friends to go on a trip around Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

the only part of those shows that i actually like is when they're building the cars... why the ten minute set up at the start, when X shows us how bad the car is... calls on womans door, who screams a lot, jumps around and hugs x, x then makes a little joke...

then they go around the car again... to show us how bad it is again.....

x drives off...

break..

so far so sh!t...

it's entertaining stuff when they get to the garage i have to admit, the american crew are a pretty funny bunch, (the painter from the first series was the head off Snoop Dogg, and looked as stoned as him too)...

but then they skip past that in five minutes, with the remaining ten going to that woman who screams a lot again, and hugs X again, and then screams when the crew show herthe gadgets in her car..

she then drives off to her friends who scream a lto and hug each other...

so i hate the pimp my ride, SHOW US MORE OF THE MODIFYING PROCESS...

for a proper motors show watch american chopper..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Arabel wrote:
    No they didnt. They ruined it so there wasnt enough seats for him and his friends to go on a trip around Europe.

leaving the trip around Europe aside (why did they only put one seat in the back) they did do a good job on the car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭thatkindofgirl

The UK one is sad because it's a missed opportunity. If they'd actually skipped trying to be American ghetto, they could have really made something great.

It's not like the UK doesn't have a "street" culture and car mod obsession... why did the show have to choose some idiot to sound mentally challenged?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

it should have been called chav my ride and went with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭andyman

Thread based on this already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

Mossy Monk wrote:
    leaving the trip around Europe aside (why did they only put one seat in the back) they did do a good job on the car

I'm not too sure why they only put in 3. The put it in the centre of the back and had the drop down telly and playstation in it. I think they want to have a sort of sloped wall either side of this 1 seat and they couldnt have done that if there was 2 seats in the back.

Advertisement