Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can he get away with just leaving me in the lurch like this?

Options
  • 01-08-2005 12:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

[ editing this to delete the link. Thanks for replies below. I think myself that I'm going to have to seek some legal advice on this. And if nothing comes of that.... I don't know. ]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

First things first, you're broke, you're entirely dependant on him, so you need to get some cash coming in, its been 2 months so you may take a pay dive for a while, deal with it, anythings better than nothing.

As for the legal ramifications of him just up and leaving, I'm not sure, but I've seen many people skip out on a lease.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Eh, get a job. Sleep on the couch at home. Move out when you can.

If you explain to the family what happened, they should understand. As for a job, anything will do(pub, MacDonalds). Work for about a month or two, and save like hell. Then, should you get a job you like (through a recruitment agency, maybe), you'll be able to move out.

Good luck, and keep the chin up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Queenie05*

the_syco wrote:
    Eh, get a job. Sleep on the couch at home.

Eh, no. I moved out of home when I was 18, 11 years ago. I was independent and self-sufficinent and now I am stuck with this person.
    I cannot claim what I'm entitled to. My hands are tied as regards looking for a new place to live. You haven't read or properly read the link that I posted, so please, if you've nothing constructive to say, say nothing at all.
    Sorry if I'm sounding a bit harsh, but I'm very upset, and some constructive advice is what I could do with right now....

And if anyone happens to have any knowledge of the legalities, or the law in this matter, I would really appreciate it. I will buy you a box of chocolates :)
    ..... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

To be honest, after reading the linked post, I sympathise with your situation but your attitude stinks..

Why should you take a pay cut because of him?

I will tell you why.. Because you have no ****ing job and no ****ing money!!! Thats why!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 neadla

I think Jesus is right, girl. Get a job, live at home and move out when you can afford to. It's the only solution, sorry. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Queenie05* wrote:
    I am stuck with this person.

how?
    like surgically attached?
    Queenie05* wrote:
    I cannot claim what I'm entitled to.

what are you entitled to?
    Queenie05* wrote:
    My hands are tied as regards looking for a new place to live. .

in what way?
    Queenie05* wrote:
    You haven't read or properly read the link that I posted, so please, if you've nothing constructive to say, say nothing at all.

if you post on a public bullitan boards, be prepared for people to give their opinions. people mnay not hold the same views and opinions as you, infact you may disagree completely, but it makes them no less valid than any of your opinions. please understand that because you find little help in someones post, does not mean there is not something useful there.

as for saying nothing at all, you are always welcome to not post here as well. it works 2 ways,. remember that.
    Queenie05* wrote:
    Sorry if I'm sounding a bit harsh, but I'm very upset, and some constructive advice is what I could do with right now....

then be prepared to open up to options that you may not have considered viable before.

listen, i feel sorry for you. no one deserves to be hit, or to live in fear from someone else. but i gotta ask, why are you still there?

not just after the first time, but now you are in a situation, where you have no money, you have no boyfriend, you have no job, you have a house that you cant afford.
    and you are worried about what exactly?

move home. go now. stop procrastinating. your options are limited. what exactly are you sitting around and waiting for? what do you think is going to happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Queenie05* wrote:
    A couple of months ago, I lost my job - without going into detail, he was violent towards me and it was his fault that I missed days from work in the middle of a very busy project and got laid off.

I don't think he has any responsibility for you unless you reported this??

• Registered Users Posts: 22,140 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Could you let him move out and get other tenant(s) to help with the rent? Take any job that will allow you to pay your share of the rent while you look for a job that meets your requirements.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Queenie05*

WhiteWashMan, thanks for posting in detail and some of your advice is good.

But some of the questions that you posed in your post had been already answered and well elucidated in my original post, which included the link that I posted!!!

I mean, if you could not be arsed to read my post - which included that link - in it's entirety, then why bother to give advice.
    Why should I have to repeat myself?

I deleted the original link this evening when it became clear to me that people were replying without bothering to read it.

Myself, I have posted detailed and hopefully useful advice for people on this forum in the past, having taken the time to read the situation that they are in.

I just don't "get" people who just post a response willy nilly to a personal issue, having barely scanned over the op's original post.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,352 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Queenie05*, I'm not sure what this is about, but feel free to PM me.

I don't see any reason for this thread to stay open in the absense of a subject matter.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Queenie05* wrote:
    But some of the questions that you posed in your post had been already answered and well elucidated in my original post

yes
    but did you think that perhaps wwm didn't find your answers sufficient? I know I didn't.
    I read your original post with the link, I am sorry you are in this situation but I also think that you are trying to look for excuses. You are between a rock and a hard place right now, but it is up to you to get your act together and sort yourself out.
    Yes, this does mean getting a job that pays lower than before till you're back on your feet. It will mean finding a place where you have to share with others.
    Life isn't always easy and sometimes we just have to bite to bullet and get on with it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement