Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Batmobile - Good or Bad?

Options
  • 31-07-2005 5:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

So what are people's thoughts on the Batmobile from Batman Begins???

A shameful turn away from what a Batmobile should look like or a new cool practical car for the new Dark Knight?

I love it even though I'll always have a special place in my heart for Michael Keaton's Batmobile!

What about the other movie or tv series efferts???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I think the 2005 version is great. That said tho the 1989 version will always be my favourite. It was after all the one that started all those 'my other car is a batmobile' stickers so there must have been something cool about it.

However, I'm sure tho the 60's tv show version will always be the iconic batmobile. I'm sure that's what would pop into the mind of the average person on the street if you said the word 'batmobile' to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

theres no labels on the new bat-mobile to tell you what button does what! unlike the old 1966 movie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

The new batmobile is just all wrong!!! I prefer tim burtons vision of batman
    ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭squrm

Definitly the older car-style batmobile with the tail-fins was much better - not this new drugged-up SUV wannabe

apart from that the film was class

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭ando

At first I disliked it, far too big and away from the whole batman theme, but I have to say it’s grown on me nicely :) I'll also take this opportunity to say I think this film is better than the old 1990's style, appeals more to the mature audience imo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭roberteboot

I really dont like the way it only looks like it does about 40 kilometres(does everyone hate saying kilometres?) an hour.Even in that chase scene.It just didnt look like it was moving very fast.The old one zipped along.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Panserborn

The new batmobile rocks the casbo!

Pratical and a great car for the beginning of batman cause he had to get something already built instead of his own tailfin-ed design. The Tim Burton one is probably the best but only fits in when batman is an established superhero.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,814 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

http://www.1966batmobile.com - the classic one

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/batmobile.htm - the BB's one is a REAL vehicle.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

I love the new one, its a great change to the phallic monstrosity of lore

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

There was a programme on Sky One last week about TV's greatest cars. Amongst the top 10 was the batmobile. The top two were Kit from Knightrider and in first place the General Lee from the Dukes of Hazzard. They showed a festival they have in Tennessee, the Dukes of Hazzard equivalent of a Star Trek convention. They had loads of Dodge Chargers there, which is what the General Lee was. They interviewed a few of the cast. They really have aged. Catherine Bach, who played Daisy Duke, certainly has. She has become plump and middle-aged and is nothing compared to what she was in the show. Some good looking women keep their looks as they get older, but she hasn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

1989 version BEST BATMOBILE EVER (spoken like comicbook store guy)

The knew one I prefer to call the battank, because it looks more like one than a car.

I think in BB2 (or the sequel to BB) will be the same car only maybe with fins, like this is just an early version, and after its been established hes batman, his car will look more like a bat, if that makes sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭eggshapedfred

i kinda like the new batmobile (from BB) but my favourite has to be the 1989 batmobile. but both of those are waaaaaaaaaay better than the PoS that was called the batmobile in Batman & Robin. One-seater, no roof, all neon-camp cr@pness....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

the PoS that was called the batmobile in Batman & Robin. One-seater, no roof, all neon-camp cr@pness....

It's understanable why that Batmobile in B&Rturned out so badly. I heard that 90% of the design schedule for that movie went into Alica Silverstones costume so I can forgive them for that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭CrazyTalk

As unimpressive a cartoon as it is, The batmobile in 'The Batman' show looks fairly impressive.

Advertisement