Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oral Sex

Options
  • 31-07-2005 10:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

My girlfriend has a problem about me going down on her. Shes thinks that it is dangerous. Neither of use have been with anyone else before.
    Anyone know where I could get some info about this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

A Doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Dangerous for her or dangerous for you?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Why does she think it is dangerous exactly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭DawnMc

It's probably a lame excuse - she might not like oral sex, doesn't do anything for a lot of women! Talk to her about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 GuyNo4

Dangerous for me in a HIV/AIDS kind of way, which she doesn't have. She's quiet cautious. I think she just wants to be reassured.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭p~b

tell her the only danger is you dumping her if you dont get no action

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

I think politely telling her she's completely wrong and perhaps a tad misinformed is the best way to go... maybe get some basic information on STIs, the spreading thereof and the requirement to have one to spread in the first place for her.

There should be information on STIs in the sticky threads of this forum? (i'll check now) and aside from that: google is your friend. Also: they give out free little booklets in chemists.

Never said I wasn't getting "action".

http://wso.williams.edu/orgs/peerh/sex/safesex/oralsex.html

Checked google earlier.
    Bull**** or half decent info?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

seirously man, go to a doc, you guys don't seem to have a clue about this stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 neadla

Take it easy with the sex and stuff. Ye're probably way too inexperienced. Time is the greatest healer for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

that was a bit harsh neadla...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

do you have HIV/AIDS? Does she? If not, don't stress it.

If you do, you shouldn't be having unprotected anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I'm quite uncertian myself about the chances of catching soemthing through oral sex. I perfromed unprotected oral sex on a girl last week and I've been sh!tting myself about it. I know I should get tested to be safe rather than sorry but is there really a big chances of contracting an STI?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭cordelia

p~b wrote:
    tell her the only danger is you dumping her if you dont get no action

Grow Up...

She sounds like she's uninformed about STIs. If neither of you have been with other people then the odds are very slim. The recommendation to find literature for her to read is a very good one. I don't know how old you both are, but even a visit to a clinic for a chat with the medical staff would also be a good idea.

It could also be that the underlying factor in this is her uneasiness with the idea of oral sex. Starting slower and playing around might be a good way to get her used to the feelings and sensations involved. You could start with just your fingers and imitate what you would do during oral sex. Let her get comfortable with it. Then move up to using your mouth around every part of her lower anatomy but there, while continuing to use your fingers. A few weeks of this, combined with the correct information regarding STIs, and I'm sure she'll be MORE than ready to experiment further... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

maybe shes feeling pressured by the whole thing and is using the STI's as an excuse not to do it? whos idea was it to have oral? yours?

Maybe she just aint ready yet. Talk to her about, ask if she is ready and wants to go further.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭crazymonkey

sounds like she does not want you to do it, some women don't like. thats the way they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

A girlfriend of mine was similiar to yours. A good place I found to get info was the medical centre in CIT. They have loads of leaflets about STDs and things like that. I'm sure most colleges would have similiar info, in case you're a bit shy about talking to some stranger about it. Sit down with her, have a read through it and have fun.

neadla wrote:
    Take it easy with the sex and stuff. Ye're probably way too inexperienced.

I'm sorry but I don't know how you can say that about two people you never met.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭airetam_storm

Recon wrote:
    I'm sorry but I don't know how you can say that about two people you never met.
    Well neither of them have been with anyone before...

• Advertisement

That doesn't necessarily mean they're inexperienced. They could have been together for years and done everything else as far as we know.

I emailed GuyNo4 he just said to say thanks to everyone who's given him some useful information. He can't post because he was banned.

Advertisement