Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Impossible Love

Options
  • 30-07-2005 10:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭

A love as wide and deep as the sea,
    Is not possible.
    No matter what you say.

No matter what you do.
    No matter what game you play.
    No love can survive the strains of lengths.
    Despite your two to one claim.

What can you feel for a flashing little box,
    Where are the hugs,
    What about the kisses;
    Sweet and tender on your perfect skin.

You can't.
    It won't.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭airetam_storm

Definatly your weirdest so far..... ;) But the first two verses are really heartfelt :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

I'm wierd! :) Basically its me telling someone that at the age of like 16 an over-seas relationship won't work, despite the "games" the play with their computers...

Ha i thought it was a love for the computer :D I really do know some people who would miss their computer as much as they would miss a partner :p

You know who you are, Mr Galway ;)

Sarky?

Na he loves his beard too much to love anything else :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Nidge

Le Rack wrote:
    A love as wide and deep as the sea,
    Is not possible.
    No matter what you say.

No matter what you do.
    No matter what game you play.
    No love can survive the strains of lengths.
    Despite your two to one claim.

What can you feel for a flashing little box,
    Where are the hugs,
    What about the kisses;
    Sweet and tender on your perfect skin.

You can't.
    It won't.

That is the most direct poem I have ever seen. If this poem was a woman, she would have no clothes on, it leaves so little to the imagination. That really just isn't a poem it's a 13 sentence short story, a thought written down.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭the raven

yeah, it's a pretty poor effort... i don't think the majority of your recent stuff is worth posting; unless your intention through feedback is to whittle out the bad...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

You should probably give your poems a little bit more time instead of rushing them, and only post them after you make sure you are completly happy with it.

Nidge wrote:
    That is the most direct poem I have ever seen. If this poem was a woman, she would have no clothes on, it leaves so little to the imagination. That really just isn't a poem it's a 13 sentence short story, a thought written down.
    Its a firm belief/thought.
    Its been wandering around my mind for a while, the whole story is plane rediculous, and I just keep telling people this cuz it makes me fairly angry, mneh...

Advertisement