Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Healthcare VHI or bupa ?

Options
  • 29-07-2005 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone give me advice on what healthcare option is best for a young male in his twenties.

I have checked VHI online and they have a plan costing 42 euro a month. Thats a bit pricey but is it worth it.

I rarely get sick but with my mom having treatment for cancer, the saying that your health is your wealth is soo true.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

Check out Vivas as well and see if your employer have any discounted rates with any of them.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

If you are a member of a credit union you can get a discounted group rate with bupa and prob with vhi too.
    You might never need it, but its a handy thing to have, even if its for something like having a wisdom tooth removed :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

I only have experience with VHI which I have been in all my life, I pay 80 a month because I upped my policy after seeing some of the hospitals. In the end there is no harm having health insurance, you may never use it, but it is better to be safe than sorry. When my mum got ill one of the first things that they asked was did she have VHI, it made a difference in terms of having her not waiting around when she was being transfered by ambulance to and from another hospital for tests and other parts of her treatment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭earth mother

I changed from VHI last year to BUPA, mainly cos they are a bit cheaper. And now I have just changed to BUPA's Health Manager Starter. This covers 50% of your Doctor's bills, etc. And private cover in public hospitals, but not health cover while abroad, but travel insurance does that anyway so it shouldn't be worth it.

Advertisement