Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Fair City Storyline

• 29-07-2005 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭

Has anyone seen the current storyline in Fair City with the Insider Trading with the group of four people. Have to say fair play to the writers for coming up with it, bit more intelligent than anything thats usually in Soap Land.

There's so many characters all intwined in the storyline, and its got me addicted to watching it this week... My god its Fair City and Im not slagging the bad acting! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sterculelum

Oh yeah, I'm addicted. It's kinda so-bad-it's-good tho. I'm hooked. And Lauren's a lovely lassie too. The acting (those two in the stock company who flirt with each other, the guy's younger, especially) is hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

I was just about to start up a thread on this asking what the hell was going on!

I've been away for two weeks so only got back to Fair City on Wednesday night, and I hadn't got the foggiest notion of what was going on, anyone care to enlighten me? Where did all these new people come from?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

Okay here's the storyline:

McAlleer and that other politician (used to be ballykisangel) have this huge land deal about to go down, thats been in the pipeline for the last 5 years and it depends on getting this old woman to sell her cottage, only she wont sell it to him.

Okay this politicians son is a heroin junkie and is selling important information to these other three people who have setup a handful of off-shore companies that they use for buying and selling shares. They use this information to make loads of money.

Yer man thats dating Carol Meehan (farrell i think is his name) is tuned in with these 4 people, he knows there is a problem with mcalleer and the old lady, he gives her some smug story and offers some tempting deal and get the old lady to sell for 1.3 million... then sells the cottages back to mcAleer later for 3 million, making a tidy profit.

Junkie gets caught by the father on his computer, mondo finds out he's a junkie as does parents, he goes to leave the country and then changes his mind... (I haven't seen it since)..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Only started to get in on it last week, thanks for filling me in Silas, was wondering what was going on with all the new cahracters, but if I remember well enough they did something simular last summer (the church scandel storyline).

Anyway, to continue on from silas. Said junkie, Finn they call him, is since dead. He went to flee the conutry but had a change of mind. He then ends up at a party which is also being attended by the guy that he was feeding confidential info from his dad to for herion. They have a row, and he is pushed into the outdoor pool and drowns.

A big cover up follows by Jake (murderer) and his other mates. However Mondo saw what happened from an upstairs bedroom window where he had been having a flaming row with his ex (Mcaleers daughter).

Now it transpires that Mondo is a wanted man. Jake has paid a hitman to do him in.

Interesting plot, and will have me hooked on it for the next few nights.

Just curious but is Mondo actually gonna be killed off??

I hear that he is leaving the show!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

I missed fridays , can someone fill me in , anything happen?

OLDYELLAR - there was no episode on Friday!

But in case you missed Thursday's episode, it was just Jake setting up a hitman to get Mondo (a Russian mad man called Leon!) Oh and Jake transferred all the €€€€ from the different bank accounts to another one that he set up (that Avril and Emmett don't know about!) So they still think they are getting mooolah, but it's all gone to Jake. Lauren was acting real prissy again in that episode, her usual crap - she lied to the police saying she wasn't there when Finn drowned, etc.

In tonight's episode, Mondo was being brought to the airport with the help of Carol and her nice little red car, and his dad - when they noticed they were being followed. So they snuck into McAleers to tell them what was happening. Then they snuck Mondo out into Seamus' car and drove off the airport.

Now what I wanna know is - what was with those black and white ads all week!? They showed Mondo running for his life down some dark alley with thugs after him - none of that happened any night this week!! Was it all just hype or what - is Mondo gone now, that's it?

Sorry I meant thursday , cheers for the update , I thought I missed that bit in the Dark tunnel running , oh right so that never happened.Must a just been hype so.
    So Emmet and Avril got none of the money and dont know yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Now what I wanna know is - what was with those black and white ads all week!? They showed Mondo running for his life down some dark alley with thugs after him - none of that happened any night this week!! Was it all just hype or what - is Mondo gone now, that's it?

yeah that scene was what i was watching out for too. It would have been pretty cool, I think they ended it without too much suspence, they should have got the russian dudes to follow McAleers car.

OLDYELLAR wrote:
    Sorry I meant thursday , cheers for the update , I thought I missed that bit in the Dark tunnel running , oh right so that never happened.Must a just been hype so.
    So Emmet and Avril got none of the money and dont know yet?
    Yah, at least that was the last episode I saw. I haven't seen yesterday's episode yet (gonna watch it today repeated).

Emmett strikes me as being really stupid though. Jake has them dangling like puppets! Well, he's gone now so who knows what's gonna happen.

I can't believe they never showed Mondo being chased proper after all the ads n stuff, it was a real let down :(

Is Mondo gone from the soap for good tehn or what???

I heard he was leaving ok, but was under the impression that he was gonna be killed off. Could Jake catch up withhim in England, he was fleeing the country too for England wasn't he????

I was watching this Fair City religiously this summer til I went on holiday last week and missed Thursday, Sunday and Tuesday. I'm up to speed now about Thur and Sun, but I have a couple of q's.

Who the hell are all these little sprogs running around? There's one really annoying American lad, who seems to be an entrepeneur and Chaz's grandson (whom he calls 'Grandpaw' :rolleyes: ). There is that little minger, Oisin, who we all know and love, and he seems to think he's one of the cool kids. There is a little timid guy, looks like a young Bruce Willis, who sports a pink bike, and 'just wants to be accepted'. He seems to be under the care of Gina, and something is happening with his parents. Then there is Gina's son (I think) who leaves the other guy out, and thinks he's all grown up.

What is going on?? :confused::confused::confused:

And can someone also give me the lowdown on the Count Mannion situation. I know about the photo and all, but what have Sarah and that principal guy done while he and I were away?

To fill you in (as best I can).....

The young lad with the dark hair who thinks he's real cool, and now wants to sell the pink girls bike is a Canadian grandson of Mags and Charlie. Bit of a pain in the arse if ya ask me.

The kid that has the girls bike and just wants to be "accepted" as you say is a nephew of Gina's. And then Oisin we all know.

Right, onto the Mannion situation. Seamus dropped his wallet sometime back, and Sarah picked it up, as she did a photo of Emma fell out. She showed it to the principal and then Emma's gran, now they think that he has inapproriate feelings for Emma. Only a matter of time before the truth about him being her Dad comes out.

Last nigtht Mannion told the principal hes emmas dad , so then principal goes round to emmas gran an says I know for a fact the relationship was not in appropriate , dunno if he told her or not because i missed the very end.

memphis wrote:
    To fill you in (as best I can).....

The young lad with the dark hair who thinks he's real cool, and now wants to sell the pink girls bike is a Canadian grandson of Mags and Charlie. Bit of a pain in the arse if ya ask me.

The kid that has the girls bike and just wants to be "accepted" as you say is a nephew of Gina's. And then Oisin we all know.

Right, onto the Mannion situation. Seamus dropped his wallet sometime back, and Sarah picked it up, as she did a photo of Emma fell out. She showed it to the principal and then Emma's gran, now they think that he has inapproriate feelings for Emma. Only a matter of time before the truth about him being her Dad comes out.

Right thanks. But where did the grandson come from?

Well you see, Mags and Charlie have obviously got a son/daughter in Canada who had a son!!! :D

If ya mean when did it emerge that they's a child in Canada then i have no idea. Wasn't one of their sons stabbed to death, if I recall correctly!!!

Perhaps someone else can enlighten us!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

The son that got stabbed, is TJs father isn't he? I think yer one that was going out with Ken is his mother (I think Terri is her name).

As for the Canada thing haven't a clue!

Thats right, think Terri was married to the guy that was stabbed. What was his name?

And where does this whole Canada thing come into it. Have they another son/daughter, that lives in canada. I'm confused!!!

Tony was the guy that got stabbed , dunno where this lad came from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Fair City is ****e, hardly worth a thread :)

BolBill wrote:
    Fair City is ****e, hardly worth a thread :)
    Not worth a thread but you still manage to post in it eh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

touche...

Wish Jimmy would make Lorcan and hanger onner move out , jesus like pay the rent or go ffs!
    I see it all came out tonight about Mannion being Emma`s da.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

touche...

True, true :)

tinkerbell wrote:
    Yah, at least that was the last episode I saw. I haven't seen yesterday's episode yet (gonna watch it today repeated).

Emmett strikes me as being really stupid though. Jake has them dangling like puppets! Well, he's gone now so who knows what's gonna happen.

I can't believe they never showed Mondo being chased proper after all the ads n stuff, it was a real let down :(

jake is one of the guys from the "honk against complaining" guinness ads aint he??? And avril is a barmaid (fit looking bird) is in a guinness ad where the whole town goes up to the local dumping ground to get rid of the tv. She also starred in some episodes of the clinic last year.

Finn as we all probably know is famous for ossie in 'into the west'. you'd barely recognise him now though he looked like his old self in an episode of the big bow wow i seen last friday night.

OLDYELLAR wrote:
    Tony was the guy that got stabbed , dunno where this lad came from.
    And was Tony, Terri's husband???

Think so yea

Mannion's wife, Veronica, is so annoying!

She's just so wishy washy.

And that yanky grandson is really stupid, that accent - grandpawwww! I hope they find out that he's the one who forced Eugene to sell that pink bike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

memphis wrote:
    Well you see, Mags and Charlie have obviously got a son/daughter in Canada who had a son!!! :D

If ya mean when did it emerge that they's a child in Canada then i have no idea. Wasn't one of their sons stabbed to death, if I recall correctly!!!

Perhaps someone else can enlighten us!!

Bernie is his mother. She is Charlie and Mags daughter. She appeared in the very first episode in 1989 (played by Ger Dunne who was also the wife in Roddy Doyle's The Family) and was going out with Paul Brennan. She was in it for the first couple of years.

If she ever returns to the soap you can bet she will be played by A DIFFERENT ACTRESS