Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that taste great with mustard on them

Options
  • 29-07-2005 2:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

Just spotted the mustard recepies, this probably belongs in there, some someone do some magic wizardy pokery and make it happen if needs be.

I could not eat cheese without mustard, I have been known to just cut a slice of cheeze, put a big dollop of english mustard on it and chomp away.

Ham is always good I suppose, sausages are very nice with mustard, also hot dogs YUM!

I like to have enough mustard on something so that when your eating it, you get that thing where it burns your nose, its like Mustard S&M :), I both like it and hate it.

My favourite thing to eat for a snack when im out and about, is an O Briens Sandwich with egg mayonaise, and sausages, with loads of Mustard, but make them heat up the sausages first.

Also what about mustard mixes/blends, what mustards taste good together, home made blends etc?, Ive experimented, but i can never get it quite right, any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

daithi wrote:
    I like to have enough mustard on something so that when your eating it, you get that thing where it burns your nose, its like Mustard S&M :), I both like it and hate it.
    It's funny because it's true :p
    *fights the urge to snort a jar of colemans mustard*

Oh, and you can't eat ham without mustard... well, I can't anyway... well.. I can... but you know what I mean.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Definitely any sandwich involving ham and/or cheese.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭curliq

ham is the epitome of stuff with mustard on it...or something........

how did a forum about mustard start?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Pork Loin, wholegrain, finely diced shallots - seal loin in pan first (with some butter, salted preferred), then oven.
    Once done (pink in middle, please) de-glaze oven dish with cream, serve loin & sauce with rice (basmati, or long grain).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

The best thing i can think of after a carefully made homemade ham cheese / salad sandbo is a when you get boiled ham chunk with cabbage and spuds(realy country there :) ) and with a wee side of Colmans mustard .... mmmhhhh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

Sausages, cut a groove in them and slide some mustard in - yum - even nicer cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Sausage and cheese sandwiches, with a hint of picalilly.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭daithi

Sausage and cheese sandwiches, with a hint of picalilly.

Got to try that, cold ;P .... this thread is making me hungry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 jenna_

I've developed a whole new interest in mustard now, though i do like it on ham and cheese-i suddenly have the urge to experience this on a whole new level!! WHich involves me raiding my mothers fridge now that she's gone to bed-nyar har har-I'm glad i decided to visit her tonight cos she has alot more food in the house than i do-she does this shopping thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Has the fashion of mustard with steak fallen by the wayside in todays society?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

I don't mind a bit of mustard on steak, but it's not the first thing that comes to mind when I get any sort of beef. It's cliched, but I do like a bit of horseradish sauce.

I have never tried it on steak, must give that a go.
    Anybody know any good uses for that powdered stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Pancakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Adviser

Roast Beef with French Mustard
    Hot Dogs with American Mustard

I don't like the english stuff. I see a few in here like it with cheese?? WTF? Thats not right...

go on, give it a go, i thought that too until i tried it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

Cold roast chicken with a little salt and English mustard. I want some now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭dbnavan

try it on popcorn, sounds gross and strange, but it works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

pork roast with colemans on it mmmmmm..
    hot dogs
    mustard dressing on salads
    BLT with mustard
    mustard all over a fry
    mustard and cheese

Advertisement