Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tornado in birmingham!

Options
  • 28-07-2005 7:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭

anybody see that on the news today?
    caused quite a bit of damage.
    when are we gonna get one
    :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

derek27 wrote:
    anybody see that on the news today?
    caused quite a bit of damage.
    when are we gonna get one
    :(

They are apparently very regular here but more often than not , just off the coast and very small. Not sure about the possibililty of a big twister here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭derek27

is_that_so wrote:
    They are apparently very regular here but more often than not , just off the coast and very small. Not sure about the possibililty of a big twister here.
    yeah i read somewhere that apparrently ireland has on average 50 tornados a year, but they are small with wind speeds between 80 and 120mph and they only last about 1-2 minutes and dont travel far. love to see one though!

that true, there was. forgot about that. hit the midlands area too i believe. i didn't see it though.

actually its turning quite blustery outside all of a shot. hope we get one

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

there was a tornado in the meath/dublin border around clonee on new years day , caused quite a bit of damage and overturned a few cars i think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Gonzo wrote:
    there was a tornado in the meath/dublin border around clonee on new years day , caused quite a bit of damage and overturned a few cars i think

Yeah that's the one I was talking about. Madness!!

Advertisement