Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Different eyes

Options
  • 28-07-2005 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭

When I look at you,
    Through someone elses eyes,
    In their size sevens,
    Even though I fit fives,
    What do i see?

Do I see the gorgeous guy,
    Who used to take my stare,
    The one who i found perfect,
    Who I loved and cared?

Do I see someone I hate?
    Who I detest with all my mind?
    Someone I spit and walk away,
    And leave you left behind?

Do I see a childish figure,
    Immature and hyperactive?
    Do I laugh and point a hand,
    or live and let live?

NO.

I see the guy who takes my hug,
    Puts up with my rights and wrongs,
    i'm sorry that i doubted you,
    The friend that was there all along.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

I like it, it's short and simple, I'm not saying that you didn't put a lot of time in to it, just saying that it's easily comprehendable and effective, that's all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

lis is that about who I think it may possibly be about? Or is it about one of those prostitues (male and female) that you call friends?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Nidge

:):):) Is this about the guy that i know that you know likes you know who when it wasn't quite what it seemed but nevertheless was incandescent? Cos if it was that's cool! However, having said that, in my opinion, it would not be an unjustifiable statement to suggest that, in some ways, the poem is indeed fervent, and in many ways, symptomatic of a more general underlying sense of malaise that lies between yourself and you know who i mean. Good show! :):):)

What? Who you? We're liable to know eachother?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

well rach its not about my friends who you seem to dislike, it is about one of my friends, who seems to have a penchant for a blond wig ( if you havent guessed by now, u were prob rite the first time.) and nidge- do I know u?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭skye

I like it - as said, easily read and understood. I like the simple language but it gives a real depth of feeling. Good flow throughout

thanks...yeah, would u think i was sad if you realised the last line was a title of a boyzone song?

okay yeah THATS depressing! hey lis is it coinkydink that I'm a size seven and have relevence to this poem, so to speak?

complete coinkydink...what u think i track ur shoe size now? Nope..its just the general size of a lot of ppl i know. and yeah, I only realised the title was there the next morning, after staying up til 2am to write the bloody thing!!

well I was size nine... long story... late at night is the best time for writing anything.

• Advertisement

yeah for some reason my brain wakes up at eleven and if theres no writing paper i end up doing all those code breaker puzzles and that sodoku thing. There is no hope for me..

oh the brain is firmly asleep but the soul heart and right hand come to life!

complete coinkydink...what u think i track ur shoe size now? Nope..its just the general size of a lot of ppl i know. and yeah, I only realised the title was there the next morning, after staying up til 2am to write the bloody thing!!
    by the by the fact that you knew it was a BZ title is even worse, I used to like them when VERY young and don't recall it.

Le Rack wrote:
    the soul heart and right hand come to life!

Right Hand Hey? :D Hehe Wink Wink Nudge Nudge Whe Whe Coinky Dink or wha?

yeah I realised that as I typed it but hoped noone would notice, and unless your gonna tell me and lisa if you actually know us would you then please shove off?

Well boards is a free country.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭the raven

Le Rack wrote:
    yeah I realised that as I typed it but hoped noone would notice, and unless your gonna tell me and lisa if you actually know us would you then please shove off?

hey what's with the agro??
    nidge was just making an obvious and light-hearted poke at that first post of yours. don't go getting hostile and defensive over nothing.

...like some people... ;)

Le Rack wrote:
    Yeah, i'd pretty much like to know who the hell you are too, your startin to piss me off a bit. And yeah rach, me being pretty slow, i only noticed that now. But what if your left handed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Zip it, the lot of you. Nidge, I'm watching you.

Sarky wrote:
    Zip it, the lot of you. Nidge, I'm watching you.

Watching me with "Different Eyes" :D ahahhasdhaerfea cos that's the name of the thread.. :D hehehe ok, i'll be good.

• Advertisement

the raven wrote:
    hey what's with the agro??
    nidge was just making an obvious and light-hearted poke at that first post of yours. don't go getting hostile and defensive over nothing.

...like some people... ;)
    whaaa?

Advertisement