Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Republic of Loose new tune

Options
  • 28-07-2005 12:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Heard the new Republic of Loose song on the wireless earlier but didn't catch the name...anyone know what it's called?? Liked it a lot but would never have guessed it was RoL...want to see if i can download it somewhere. Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Ooly

it's called "come-back girl" i like it. it's very good, not like their other stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭k_money

My mate in work really likes them alright must give the tune a listen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭Serbian

Heard the new Republic of Loose song on the wireless earlier but didn't catch the name...anyone know what it's called?? Liked it a lot but would never have guessed it was RoL...want to see if i can download it somewhere. Any help appreciated.

It's their new single, you can buy it any any record store I would imagine. There are members of RoL on this forum, I don't think they would be too happy to hear you want to download it.

A new band looking to get established should be more than happy with allowing people to download their stuff, to get themselves a wider audience who may go to their live shows and buy their albums and that in future

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭Serbian

k_money wrote:
    A new band looking to get established should be more than happy with allowing people to download their stuff, to get themselves a wider audience who may go to their live shows and buy their albums and that in future

Yeah, fair point. They don't offer the single to download on their site though, so they mustn't be happy at the moment for people to download their stuff. They seem to get a load of fairly high profile support slots too. I saw them before Snow Patrol in the RDS and *cough* The Thrills in the point last year. That seems to be how they choose to get their exposure.

• Advertisement

Yeah they do have some pretty good credentials alright! I doubt any band is happy at not getting money in, but I mean exposure is exposure and I feel you'd have to take the rough with the smooth. The fact that there's no download facility on their website does make it seem they aint happy about it, but I myself would be fairly delighted that people have enough interest in my band to listen to it. Maybe rol are past this stage? they have been around a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Its a good song, will have to catch them live some time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Kingsize

its on sale in hmv & golden disks for 2.99
    i really like it & the other song on there aint too bad either.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭maggz

The new song is good, but not as good as the other stuff. Their other stuff is very original, while I think this is a bit mainstream. Still a good song, but wouldnt be rushing out to get it.

Has anyone seen them live? What are they like? I meant to go and see them a few time in voodoo, but never did. Do they still play there a lot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 myemptyhands

Absolutely amazing. seriously. i saw them at the voodoo lounge a few weeks (months? not good with time) ago, missed the crawdaddy one which was also apparently legend, and it was such a surprise. they didn't get on stage until about half twelve, and they didn't play a very long set, but it was still great. michael pyro has some repartee with his audience, you find yourself chanting along like he's a preacher and you're converted. actually that's what a friend of mine calls it when people are introduced to them. and i would recommend just buying the album, this is the tomb of the juice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Ooly

i saw them just after christmas....they were pretty good live & good at oxegen

the lead singer puts on a good show especially with the whole beating the mic off his head..... & the bass player is HOT, which is a bonus for a band :rolleyes:

Ooly wrote:
    the bass player is HOT:

i thought it was just me... but it's ok their sound'll hold up (pun unintended) their credibility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Cozpyro

k_money wrote:

Howdo.

I can assure you that it's definitely not to do with money!! The single has an RRP of €2.99. Deduct distribution and production costs from that along with the mark up that the store take plus other costs we are left with about €0.10 to split 6 ways!!

At our level singles are purely a promotional tool. Most radio stations won't play a track outside the Top 20. In fact Virgin and Golden Discs won't stock a single if it's not Top 20 (with the exception of Golden Discs Grafton Street-Mucho Gracias). So we have to 'shift units' to get up the chart.

I get your point re downloads and we did think seriously think about it but we felt that this track is one that could get us serious airplay which is a far more effective method of gaining a wider audience than downloads. When we look at the Neilsen Radio Reports we think we made the right choice.

We may go down the route of offering free downloads in the future but that remains to be seen.

Hope this clears things up.

KR
    Coz
    RoL

Slight change of topic. Coz, are there any gigs coming up in dublin? it's been a while and i'm just hoping i guess. last newsletter i got said you were in london. come home, lads!! :(

Slight change of topic. Coz, are there any gigs coming up in dublin? it's been a while and i'm just hoping i guess. last newsletter i got said you were in london. come home, lads!! :(

We've got a couple of thing in the pipeline that we are yet to make a decision on. We'll keep you posted.

Republic of Loose play The Village, Wexford St on Thursday 25th August.

Special Guests on the night to be announced.

Doors 8pm till Late.

Tickets €15.00

Tickets available from WAV Ticketbox, Camden Row - 1890 200 078

Contrary to early advertisements, Republic of Loose are not appearing as part of the Hard Working Class Heroes Festival 05.

www.republicofloose.com
    info@republicofloose.com

The band is appearing live on FM104s Strawberry Alarm Clock on Thursday 4th August and on Today FM’s Ray Darcy Show on Friday 5th August.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Nice, must get myself to that gig. Saw you guys when you supported The Roots in the Olympia and you were really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭din0saur

just heard the TodayFM interview and live performance of "come-back girl" - very good. apparently one more live track before end of show..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 D man

Really liked the cover of jacko's 'Human Nature', any plans on releasing this, or offering a sly little download in some obscure place? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

I advise everyone to visit their website and read their bio.
    Its motherfcukin genius!

Love the new single btw.

• Advertisement

Guests confirmed for the The Village are The Mighty Stef and Neosupervital.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Bip

Correct me if I'm wrong but think they are playing a gig in DCU shortly, heard bout it from the bar manager, keep an eye out!

Playing DCU Freshers 26/09/05

Playing UCD Freshers 29/09/05

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭The Weatherman

Any idea who else is playing the UCD Fresher's ball? The sound for you guys in TIME last year was SO loud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I frickin' love Comeback Girl! Hopefully it will get the Loose the acclaim they deserve.

Groove Armada are playing at UCD freshers ball

It looks like the freshers ball is more of a mini festival this year, The Coral , Delerentos and The Chalets are all playing too, but not at the main freshers ball its a few days afterwards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 mark.e.smith

could someone tell me if the singer is from these parts? because if he is, he deserves to be shot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭kirn

he is.
    but he doesn't deserve to be shot....

he's just a li'l tipsy right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Winter Slide

Republic of Loose apparently playing UCD freshers ball. Lucky for me I'm still a thieving student so I'll be there. Awesome!

Advertisement