Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Press for Irish Shooting Sports

Options
  • 28-07-2005 12:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭

Sparks this might be a good idea for a sticky thread ,

I was reading the Herald on monday night and spotted this article , It shows how irish shooters can compete at the highest level in the world . I would like to congratulate the team and individuals that won the medals , well done lads , keep up the good work.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/44292/15618.jpg
    Shooting Gold.jpg

:D:D:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 379 ✭✭Dvs

Well done and congratulations,
    to these fine representatives of Irish shooting sports.

It goes to show that with hard work of the individuals, and the opportunity to take part in these shooting sports, Ireland can produce world class shooters.

Dvs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Ammoman

sparks , I'm surprised to see that you haven't replied to this thread , i would have thought that Good Press for Shooting Sports was more important than Firearms License Renewal date reminder . given that we rarely get good press coverage , would it not be a good idea to recognise the acheivements of the individuals that represent our sport and country in both national and international competitions in a sticky thread ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

It's not a bad idea for a sticky thread Ammoman, though I think we've had a bit more good press than you'd think in the past! Plus, a lot of the time, the press clipping gets posted in the same thread here as the announcement for the competition and the results of, reports about, and comments on the competition involved, or just in individual threads where the topic is raised. There are archives of press clippings kept, mind, try here for example. If you have any other links to archives of press clippings, why not post them here or put them in the Shooting wikipages?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Ammoman

sorry sparks i dont see your point , these are two seperate websites , i was talking about putting a page here . the NTSA page doesnt have the article that I have posted here , how often do they update their page , I had never seen it before I clicked on your link . I still reckon that a sticky thread is a good idea on this site but its up to you .

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Not saying that it's not a good idea Ammoman, just that we've had people saying in the not-too-distant past that there are allready too many stickys. But this is a pretty decent idea. (BTW, it's not "my" forum y'know, civdef's not some deputy moderator or something!)
    And yes, the NTSA's website's been a tad dead of late. Comes with firing your PRO, that does ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

(BTW, it's not "my" forum y'know, civdef's not some deputy moderator or something!)

Yessir, whatever you say, moderator-in-chief, sir! :)

Advertisement