Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doggs walking backwards

Options
  • 27-07-2005 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭

Im just wondering is it comon for dogg to walk backwards?

I noticed that our dogg at home does it quite a bit. He does it round corners to without looking.

Anyone elses dogg do it?

Jozi

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭craggel

It's not one of those Pug dogs is it? Sometimes it can be a bit hard distinguish one end from the other of them at the best of times!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

craggel wrote:
    It's not one of those Pug dogs is it? Sometimes it can be a bit hard distinguish one end from the other of them at the best of times!!! :D
    Hahaha

No he's a labrador mixed with something else

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

My little fella does it alot especially when he is mad. He isn't very normal so i dunno if it is or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Baffled

One of my yorkies does it when he gets a pain. He has severe liver damage so every now and again he gets cramps and starts walking around the kitchen backwards.

Also, I have a German Shephard with Hip Dysplasia and when she is in pain she walks backwards aswell.

Maybe its something to do with pain relief.

God I hope not!

My little fella does it when he is angry that i'm not giving him all my attention. Then he starts barking at me. He stops when I throw him a treat or start playing with him.

But the poor little fella might be trying to tell me he is in pain. Trip to the vet for me and my pooch ...

• Advertisement

Baffled you must have a really hard time with two of your dogs in pain. It's heartbreaking to see them like that. You feel totally helpless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Baffled

Yea it can be tough at times. When I see him doin it I just rub his belly for a while. Theres only so much medication can do.

As for the German Shepherd, I take her swimmin every second evening to help her hips.

Your dog may not be in pain though. Some dogs develop strange habits.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Hmm...ihope my dogg isnt in pain, but i tdont think so.
    He mostlly does it when he's standing a few passes in the uttlility and you make him walk into the kitchen so i can get by or trough the hall which i narrow and maybe he just doesnt feel like turning or something

Advertisement