Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those who may be interested

Options
  • 27-07-2005 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭

The new tank

:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

nice tank, felt like strapping on a snorkel and going for a dip :-0

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭dark_jedi_ire

hahahaha

Yeh the girlfriend keeps slagging saying she going to go for a bath .

Excellent :-) How often will the water have to be changed?

Hi thanks

At the moment as it new Im changing one to Two buckets a night to allow the tank to cycle And stablise (depending on the testers ammonia and nitrite etc ) As bigger tanks are less prone to new tank sydrome and problems with water chemistry with having a bigger surface area,

I will stick to my old routine of two buckets a week (wednesday and saturday)
    and the gravel clean on saturday,

Bloody fishs

Jeebus that's pretty high maintenance, you must be deicated !

• Advertisement

Hiya

At the moment its a pain but give it a while and its less work then.

Has to be done really, and I like my little fishys as I seem To watch them more and more lately with the bigger tank than the tv so,

its like a slice of the amazon,
    ;)

I always found it to be very theraputic

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Wow! Looks great, really classy

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

hahahaha

Yeh the girlfriend keeps slagging saying she going to go for a bath .

When my boyfriend for his 5ft tank - I tried to do a Darryl Hannah (even went so far as to check for a mermaid costume) .. but he filled it up and plonked the damn Oscar in first!! Typical! Blowing a girls dreams like that. The only reaon I bought it for him was to see what it was like .. for real.
    :(

Men, I ask ye .. wouldn't have minded if it was the black sharky fish that got the first swim .. or even the angel fish .. but no .. beaten by an Oscar .. damn :)

haha oscar first haha,

he so loves thats oscar, :o)

She wanted to make me fill it up on the floor and then she Wanted to get her snorkel gear And see what it Would be like ,

hahaha mad,

Yeh it couldnt wait to put the fishies in so my two angels Went in first, There Still doing fine, but my 5 inch pleco that was jet black in my other tank has grown two inches in two Weeks and suddenly changed to a cool black and white pattern, he so loves his cucumbers,

Cya Buddy

Rob

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Yeah, its mad how fast they grow once put in the larger tank.
    I gave the larger fish to Sysiphus for the 5ft tank and he gave me all the small fish he had (crap swap but anyways :rolleyes: ) ...

The shark that I gave him has grown a fair bit since .. Also the ciclids too.
    All black widows are doing well in my tank .. had a fatality the other day though - bought an apple snail and it decided to go on holidays without its caravan .. and must have been attacked on the way!. It was a big ooogie to say the least!!

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭cichlid child

Ye i agree great looking tank.Your right it,s better than the tv i would think esp if your girl friend is swimming in it.he,he

Glad to hear the littel horrors ( black widows ) as doing so well., :D
    Sorry To hear about the apple snail.

the pleco is just a monster now, we had nicknamed him midnight as he Was just jet black but Since the new tank he has changed his pattern so it more like late afternoon , hehe

And Cichlid Child , hmm not a bad idea, my own little mermaid,

Advertisement