Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Formatting a CD-RW Disk

• 16-03-1999 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,897 ✭✭✭

Anyone know how to format a cd-rw disk, format does not appear if you right-click the drive letter. I cant locate the info from a web search nor can i find the option in the software (adaptec easy cd creator and direct-cd.

The manual for the drive doesnt even mention it!

ps if it matters the drive is a yamaha 4416.

now i have a 30 meg file that i accidently copied and a c.620 meg file that leaves me 118k "overtime" and its doing my head in smile.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

CD-RW's arent formatted like HDD's vex, they cant be cos they dont use logical block addressing(as far as i know).
    if you use software like sony cdrfs or something, they give you a "format" option, but this "format" is only readable if the user also has that software installed.

What you are trying to do is erase the whole disk. open up adaptec easy cd creator, and look for "erase disk".
    if you dont find it, mesg me on irc, and ill dcc adaptec easy cd pro, which has that option.

Advertisement