Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today

Options
  • 26-07-2005 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭

Today

Winds howl through a ghost-town estate;
    Myriad of mazed, pale, terraced houses,
    Perfect gauntlets, cuddled, gazing on at carried rains
    Willowing patterns over road, riding the gusts –

Square garden driveways trickle streams to the
    Doorstep splash of a foot as it lands outside ready to
    Brave the elements for a carton of milk –

For the second time today the clouds break and the Sun
    Plays the rain away, watching the wind race on.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

Ok, I'm not much of a critic but I found that poem kind of gruelling to read, the rythm just seems out of step and it was almost a choir (chore?) to follow. I dunno maybe it's because I'm tired, but maybe if you edit it a little bit and try a different rythm it could work very well. What is your main aim in this poem, is it to create a rhytm? or is it just simply flowing from your mind? or are you trying to create vivid mental images that the reader can picture? etc etc.

Please don't take offence at this. it's only a bit of constructive criticism (well I hope it's being constructive :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭the raven

Please don't take offence at this. it's only a bit of constructive criticism (well I hope it's being constructive :) )

nah man, i don't take offense, i mean if i did i'd be one hell of a hypocrite and a sh1t critic.

could you go into it more where the rhythm is off... the way i read (damn subjectivism) it seems ok...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭supersheep

Maybe the second verse, but don't know how you'd change it. I like it though. Not too hard to recite. Nice imagery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

good imagery man, as always

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

the raven wrote:
    nah man, i don't take offense, i mean if i did i'd be one hell of a hypocrite and a sh1t critic.

could you go into it more where the rhythm is off... the way i read (damn subjectivism) it seems ok...

Im going to bed now, so I'll get back to you in the morning about it if that's ok.
    I actually read it again more carefully this time and t seems a lot better now after I looked at it more deeply.

Anyway I'll get back to you tomorrow about it :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement