Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skirting board

Options
  • 25-07-2005 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭

Need some advice here. How do you sucessfully lay skirting board when all the wall are not plumb or square? It's moulded skirting so I no that for internal corners the joints will be scribed. can do that but how do you work out the angles on eternal corners when they are not at 45 deg on a 90 deg cut? Kadman looking at you here I reckon. You might be able to help out with advice on doing it using the chop saw that we both have?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dogg_r_69

how do you work out the angles on eternal corners when they are not at 45 deg on a 90 deg cut?

Given that your going using a mitre saw Just get 2 waste pieces of timber Cut your 45 deg Check them off the wall Adjust your angle off the mitre saw to suit

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

dogg_r_69 wrote:
    Given that your going using a mitre saw Just get 2 waste pieces of timber Cut your 45 deg Check them off the wall Adjust your angle off the mitre saw to suit

Purr.....fect.

Top tip there dogg.

Exactly as I would have done it.

kadman :)

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dogg_r_69

Had to do a load of it in one job for a fella I worked for Only this time didn't have a mitre saw Just a Makita circular saw Still made the best of a bad situation Worked out fine in the end

Advertisement