Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CSI Dublin?

Options
  • 25-07-2005 11:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

What with the new wave of Miami, NY, every other American city you can name, why not have a CSI: Dublin? It would do wonders for the Gardai and would tackle contemporary crime issues. Brilliant.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Inf

Yeah we could get some fair city actors to act in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

What with the new wave of Miami, NY, every other American city you can name, why not have a CSI: Dublin? It would do wonders for the Gardai and would tackle contemporary crime issues. Brilliant.

yes im sure dr. marie cassady never misses an episode of csi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭CrimE

Its all well and good hypothetically but lets face it Rté would end up making a woeful series no one would watch and another failure of a show Rté could notch on their belt.

I think the gardaí could do with some good coverage. Never understand why the Gardaí havent got a show like the show street crime uk. SOmething like that would be interesting, letting people who dont know what its like from the gardaí perspective to see what its like.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

didnt they have something like it called proof? of course i didnt watch it,because Irish tv sucks...but its sounded similiar.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

proof?

No that was more like 24.

CSI:Galway
    CSI:Cork
    CSI:Belfast

RTE did DDU: District Detective Unit in the late 1990's which wasn't two bad but it only had 4 episodes, could have been a good contender for a series of 22. IMO.
    Its all well and good hypothetically but lets face it Rté would end up making a woeful series no one would watch and another failure of a show Rté could notch on their belt.

Oh wait what about that other Irish TV channel mmmm whats it called.

If they did do a CSI (RTE TV3 who ever) in Ireland I am sure that Jerry Bruckheim would be part of the production in some way.

IMO: the british rip offs haven't been as good. Murder Investigation Unit (ITV).
    course i didnt watch it,because Irish tv sucks

Well if your not even going to give something a chance.

• Advertisement

i have given several irish shows a chance...all the same...pure garbage,i know what to expect by now.

well actually love is the drug isnt as bad as the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭irishcsifan

soneone suggested to me csi limerick but csi cork would be cool but RTE would find some way to F**K it up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭andyman

I can imagine it now, Colin Farrell being a Crime Scene detective :D

Main Detective: Gabriel Byrne
    Female Side Key: Mary McEvoy
    Medcial Examiner: Emmet Bergin
    Non-CSI Garda: Patrick Bergin

EyeCandyCOP1:
    EyeCandyCOP2:
    EyeCandyCOP3:
    EyeCandyCOP4:

Cann't think of anyone for the other 4 cops: Idea's Welcome.

CSI:Glenroe
    Coming Soon
    Not just another CSI spin off.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Scumbags kicking eachothers heads in each week. That sure sounds interesting... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

I saw a bit of CSI: New York last night. They unnecessarily put "CSI:NY" on the back of the characters jackets when in New York it's known as "CSU". If they did CSI: Dublin they'd make it completely unrealistic.

If they did CSI: Dublin they'd make it completely unrealistic.

Ok I like CSI but it is completely unrealistic.

Last Night on both Miami and New York the had one detective go out to the crime scene without a partner. I would assume that when you are collecting evidence that their must be at least one other Garda with you.

The amount of equipment available to them is also highly unrealist. IMO

But it still is a good show.

not really...the crime scene was cordened off and made safe by the cops first. Then the CSI went back to check something out. Its doubtful someone would return to the scene,and they are armed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

They also contaminate every scene they're in. No full-body white suits for CSI.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

They are also way too involved in the questioning of suspects. Police work is tedious so corners have to be cut or it wouldn't be worth watching.

Then the CSI went back to check something out. Its doubtful someone would return to the scene,and they are armed.

Well Episode One Of Series One Of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation. Newbie CSI Killed at scene of crime.

But I was more think of what if they where to plant something.

Also in NY last night the church hadn;t been quardened of and the Dectived found the murder weapon whos to say that she didn't plant it there?

im not saying its reality! its a tv show...but im fairly sure they dont have to have a cop with them at all times.

im not saying its reality!

I dont think CSI is reality at all and I think that is what makes it stand out. It enjoyable TV with out having to resort to "issues surrounding the police force".

I like issue based dramas but sometimes its nice to get away from something total serious.

Advertisement