Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cascade 1000 Filter

Options
  • 25-07-2005 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Just got My new 260 litre and set it up yesterday, I also got a cacade 1000 filter it handle up to 400 litre`s so it may be over kill but heh if Im going to do this tank right I may as well get a good filter,

After setting it up and turning it on I realeased how powerfull it is And creates a current in the Water thats a bit to Much., As at Some point I plan on discus and I need a much slower current in the Water,

I have tryed the drip extension to no avail and the standard output genarated a heavy current, what can I do?

Do pennplax have other extensions for the Filter ?

Anyone come accross this before? or any experience of this kinda thing?

Thanks All

Rob

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭boroughmal

Hi all

Just got My new 260 litre and set it up yesterday, I also got a cacade 1000 filter it handle up to 400 litre`s so it may be over kill but heh if Im going to do this tank right I may as well get a good filter,

After setting it up and turning it on I realeased how powerfull it is And creates a current in the Water thats a bit to Much., As at Some point I plan on discus and I need a much slower current in the Water,

I have tryed the drip extension to no avail and the standard output genarated a heavy current, what can I do?

Do pennplax have other extensions for the Filter ?

Anyone come accross this before? or any experience of this kinda thing?

Thanks All

Rob
    Too big for my boots.
    You have the right idea though BIGGER is BETTER
    Just put a tap on it, it wont hurt the pump, just restricts the flow.
    Very common problem for those who have money to spend.
    Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭dark_jedi_ire

Hiya

haha yeh I know well I wanted to do it right so splashed out a bit,

:D

On the filter in and out there are valves so moved to the spray bar and lowered down the input and output a bit and everything seems fine now,

The tank is still cycling so will wait a long time before Adding the infamous Discus

:D

thank For the advice

Rob

Advertisement