Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Teenage Dirtbag Years

Options
  • 25-07-2005 1:59am
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,612 Mod ✭✭✭✭

currently reading it,
    part of a 4 part series,
    im only 20 mins of reading into it but i am very impressed anyone else read any of the series?
    anyone even heard of Paul Howard before?
    seems like a fantastic author to me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

oh the Ross O'Carol Kelly Book, i wouldn't exactly call them Literature.. they are alright, when ur back in the young days, or looking back on the days... but i dont really like them, to typical. i mean, what he wrote isnt exactly genius. It's just light comedy i suppose, good for light reading, that some ppl can relate to.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,612 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

i think some of it is fantastic but sure whatever your obviously above that yourself . .

I'm obviously above that book. Jeez Have you not read the infamous Abercrombie thread? ha..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Paul Howard is a failed cyclist and one of the chief sports writers for the Sunday Tribune, the Ross O'Carroll Kelly column is on the back page of the main paper every week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭shuushh

how has he managed to get 4 books and a weekly column out of that character ah well fairplay to him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,158 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Some great lines in them:

(on Ross's lack of commitment to the UCD Rugby Team) "they're calling you Tampax Ross, one week in, three weeks out" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

did the book hit a little too close to home, shrimp?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,612 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Sleepy wrote:
    Some great lines in them:

(on Ross's lack of commitment to the UCD Rugby Team) "they're calling you Tampax Ross, one week in, three weeks out" :D

thing is those great lines a littered throughout the book,
    though that one is particularily good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭lacuna

I read 3 of the series (at the quiet times while working in a book shop). I did think they were funny but for me it was just a bit of light humour to pass a quiet afternoon in work. Not really my style of literature.

weemcd wrote:
    did the book hit a little too close to home, shrimp?

Always trying to get a cheap shot in, aren't ya! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

5 dolla to make you holla!

Advertisement