Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family guy gone down hill!

Options
  • 24-07-2005 6:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

it really is season 4 is ok at best!

they re-use the same jokes to much
    and thats not funny!

the bewitched and hitler jokes were the best this year!

Stewie is not evil just camp!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

1) look at other posts on this topic
    2) take it back!!!!!!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Hey what's what the exclamation marks!
    There really is no need for them!
    I mean, wtf!

S4 has to live up to the greatness of a *lot* of great episodes that came before it. That alone will make the episodes seem like they aren't as good. Some of the episodes aren't great, others are great on repeat viewing, but I'm still really enjoying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

Hey what's what the exclamation marks! There really is no need for them! I mean, wtf!

yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

derekded85 wrote:

it really is season 4 is ok at best!

they re-use the same jokes to much
    and thats not funny!

the bewitched and hitler jokes were the best this year!

Stewie is not evil just camp!

wrong wrong wrong,you're wrong,wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭derekded85

TVNUTZ

prove me wrong. Also when referring to season 4 please can you use a seasson 4 quote rather than season 3 otherwise you come across as a little special needs.

Also other person ! marks if you dont know why please go to some english classes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ok

Also season 4 is down hill ratings etc!

Please tell me why its not!

• Advertisement

I rest my case. You think I need English classes because I don't OVERUSE exclamation marks. Well done :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 55,470 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Season 4 is as good as its ever been, with just a handful of weak episodes (which every other season has had). Last weeks episode was definitely one of my top 5 of all time....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

derekded85 wrote:
    TVNUTZ

prove me wrong. Also when referring to season 4 please can you use a seasson 4 quote rather than season 3 otherwise you come across as a little special needs.
    That's his signature, not a reference to this thread. Special needs eh?

This season has been great, especially episodes 7, 8 and 9. I found a few in the middle to be somewhat poor but it's definitely getting better. The poorer episodes could be attributed to Seth MacFarlane working on American Dad at the same time.
    derekded85 wrote:
    Also other person ! marks if you dont know why please go to some english classes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ok
    What? Perhaps it is you who are in need of English classes.
    derekded85 wrote:
    Please tell us why it is. What jokes are being re-used? Why is Stewie just camp? In what way is he not evil? He did set up his baby sitter to be fired, and kidnap and kill her boyfriend.

You make a sweeping statement that Family Guy has gone downhill and offer up no support for that statement, except that we should "prove you wrong"
    derekded85 wrote:
    OK, not only is that arseways, you're also taking through your arse. Here is a link to where it explains that Family Guy season 4 was 2nd only to Desperate Housewives and was among the highest ratings of the show ever.

A quote from that page says:
    The animated series, returning to FOX more than three years after the network last aired an original episode, gathered some of the best ratings in its history Sunday (May 1). About 11.85 million people watched the fourth-season premiere, according to fast national ratings from Nielsen, and a huge number of them fell in the young-adult demographics FOX loves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

where are ye all getting to see the new family guys?? they're not on tv here right?

jimbling wrote:
    where are ye all getting to see the new family guys??
    Strictly speaking you're not allowed to ask that question, and we're not allowed to answer, but it has been asked and kind of answered before. Basically they're downloaded with file sharing apps. No links or info can be posted but google is a good place to find the answers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

tbh, this is kinda in the wrong forum too.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

derekded85 wrote:
    TVNUTZ

the wrong wrong wrong line was a joke because its a Dr.Cox quote from Scrubs,even though I do think you are wrong...this season has not been as good as previous seasons,but it is still damn funny,and therefore not going down hill,just below par so far. But last weeks episode was as good as episodes in the first 3 seasons.

The ratings have also been the highest of the shows histroy and on par with the simpsons (which can be described as going down hill,or actually fallen flat arsed at the bottom of the hill). The ratings go down a bit during the summer,but wait until the eps shown during TV season.

As also mentioned,that Family Guy quote is my sig for feck sake. Who comes across as "a little special needs" now? Idiot

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Prove you wrong? Prove your opinion wrong with our opinion? gah.

Episode 9 was one of the best of all 4 series, the same for episode 1 of series 4. Other than that there was 1 bad episode (although I haven't re-watched it yet), and the rest were good -> great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

tbh,
    Chris in the A-Ha video
    is one of the best scenes ever on Family Guy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I havent even seen any of season 4 yet but any show that has ''The Passion of Christ 2: Crucify This'' has to be class!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Blisterman

The last couple of episodes were great.
    Also, overusing exclamations rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111one.

'The Passion of Christ 2: Crucify This'

lol, that was great, not a brilliant episode compared to previous seasons but good none the less

I havent even seen any of season 4 yet but any show that has ''The Passion of Christ 2: Crucify This'' has to be class!
    Let He who is without sin, kick the first ass.

<shriek like Chris Rock> You craaaazy Jesus </shriek> :D

Good, but not the best this year. A-Ha video, 'nuff said.

Haha yeah, Chris in the A-Ha video rocked.

Also the Japanese cereal ad ("you share!!"). Peter slapping Meg in the back of the escape van. Peter ordering Meg to leave the house, then later ("Who let you back in?!").

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭shuushh

ach

im liking them so far but i dont think watching them infront of a pc with headphones on in ****ty quality is really doing them justice

stewie is far better in camp mode than evil mode

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

I was watching some of S3 and its not very funny compared to 1 and 2, but S4 is back to the qaulity of the earlier ones.

where you gettin sh*t qaulity ones shuushh?? all mine have been great.

shuushh wrote:
    ach

im liking them so far but i dont think watching them infront of a pc with headphones on in ****ty quality is really doing them justice

praise the lord for avi files and dvd burners then :D

Advertisement