Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Golden Male Whippet

Options
  • 24-07-2005 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,282 ✭✭✭✭

Hello,

We have lost a male whippet / small greyhound, golden in colour in Dublin city centre. lost him on July 23rd at 3pm. He was wearing a thin brown leather collar. So if anyone sees him... get back to me.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

I'm very sorry to hear about that. It might be a good idea to put an advert in the paper. Ring up radio stations. Ask shops can you put flyers up in the window. I really hope that you find him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Sorry to hear you lost your dog, if you haven't already contact all the dog pounds in and around your area first thing tomorow as stray dogs only have 5 days after they have been picked up then they are put to sleep.
    Also phone all rescues in your area and surrounding area.
    Leave a message if no answer.
    Does the dog have an ID tag or is the dog chipped?
    Here's some more info on what to do if you have lost your dog.
    The more info you can put on posters the better and a photo helps a lot.
    More info>>
    http://www.irishanimals.ie/what_to_do_if_lost_dog.txt

• Registered Users Posts: 13,282 ✭✭✭✭fits

Well great news everyone! Myself and my partner had all but given up hope of finding our dog. I was checking the websites and ringing the pounds and some rescue groups and vets every couple of days. We were in ucd on Tuesday sitting outside, and I saw a dog in the distance that resembled ours. I just called him to see, and he bounded up, wagging his tail furiously, and sure enough, it was him. I just burst into tears with relief.

Well I dont know how we missed each other cos we were in contact with the same people, but Animal Rescue Ireland had him, and he was fostered out to a retired man. This man was very reluctant to part with him, which I am sorry for. But I am so delighted our dog is safe and sound and we are getting him back!
    You can see him here, he's such a beauty.

http://www.irishanimals.com/wicklow_homes.html

Anyway, dont trust the pounds, as myself and the lady from the rescue group called them several times, and no information was passed on. Also I tried to post a lost message on Irish animals myself several times but it never appeared! Surely if they are going to advertise that service, they should keep it up to date!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Baffled

Glad you got your dog back fits. What a coincidence that you were in the right place at the right time. Someone is looking over you (plural).

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

That's fab, i'm delighted for yous

• Advertisement
Advertisement