Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cool Cartoon Swords

Options
  • 23-07-2005 8:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

What other cartoon characters had cool swords?

Thundercats & He-Man are a given, anymore??????????????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Dogtanian ... nice fencing sword.
    He could throw an apple in the air and slice it to ribbons before it hit the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

dungeons and dragons
    ulysses 31 really cool lightsaber/pistol combo
    gi-joe (snake eyes)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Leonardos piece of scrap in the Turtles, as was Dogtanians until he got a better one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Megatron

Voltron ... neff said ;P

Also transformers had some ( Optimus with a nice Axe and Megatron with a mace , 1st esp afaik).

Visonaires , they where kitted out as knights, and some very nice Swords there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 897 ✭✭✭oxygen_old

Any one remember the he-man kindof rip off where ur man had half a sword (a verticle half now,not a horizontal half). I think the baddie had the other half, and this guy was trying to get it off him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

oxygen wrote:
    Any one remember the he-man kindof rip off where ur man had half a sword (a verticle half now,not a horizontal half). I think the baddie had the other half, and this guy was trying to get it off him.

Are you sure you're not just thinking of the He-man toys themselves? That 2-halved sword idea was the basic premise behind the toy range to begin with.

I think the basic story was that the Skeletor toy wanted to get He-mans half of the sword to make a 'complete' sword which would then be used as sort of Key to open the drawbridge of CastleGreyskull'. I had the Greyskull toy and there was a little opening where you could stick in a sword and it would unlatch the drawbridge.

So whilst even in the cartoon Skeletor was obsessed with trying to get into greyskull this idea of a 2halved sword was never mentioned there afaik?

Advertisement