Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blues Podcast

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 1,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭satchmo

Sorry, but even though MP3 blogs and podcasts are a bit of a grey area (even though they are certainly better than full-blown mp3 sites/ftps), in the end they still allow for the illegal download of music, which is against the Boards.ie charter.

satch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 OutlawBlues

there free on iTunes, sorry, but i don't think apple would deal with illegal music downloads ever.

trust me,
    they're legal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 steidler

All the music in the podcast at the URL you deleted is legal.

The artists and labels have provided permissions to play the music in the podcast. Much of the music is taken from GarageBand.com. I've received dozens of emails from the GarageBand-based artists thanking me for playing their music in the podcast. Additionally, many artists have provided recorded spoken intros for their music, along the lines of "Hi, this is [whomever] from [whatever]. You're listening to The Roadhouse ... the finest blues you've never heard."

Over the past few weeks, both Black and Tan and Alligator Records have provided written permissions to play artists from their labels in the podcast. Additionally, I'm currently receiving 10-15 songs per week directly from blues artists, anxious to be included in the show.

Given that, you've actually done the artists a disservice by deleting the URL. Your view that podcasting facilitates illegal downloading is correct only if you also assume that selling cars contributes to drunk driving.

Tony Steidler-Dennison
    Host, The Roadhouse Podcast
    "The finest blues you've never heard."
    ~~
    http://roadhousepodcast.com/
    http://feeds.feedburner.com/roadhouse

steidler man, you've got a great show, seriouslly, some great blues in there.

what on earth would you be doing on boards.*IE*

and like he said, all podcasts are legal.

My mistake so - sorry, I didn't look into it properly. I've reinstated the URL.
    steidler wrote:
    Your view that podcasting facilitates illegal downloading is correct only if you also assume that selling cars contributes to drunk driving.
    I was under the impression that the actual mp3s were illegal - I dunno where you came up with this rubbish, get off your high horse.

• Advertisement

I've had a listen to the most recent podcast, there's some great blues in there alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 steidler

steidler man, you've got a great show, seriouslly, some great blues in there.

what on earth would you be doing on boards.*IE*
    Heh. Don't you love technology? I followed a link to the post from my referrer logs.
    satchmo wrote:
    My mistake so - sorry, I didn't look into it properly. I've reinstated the URL.
    Thanks. I do appreciate both the reinstated links and the kind words about the music in the show.

Tony Steidler-Dennison
    Host, The Roadhouse Podcast
    "The finest blues you've never heard."
    ~~
    http://roadhousepodcast.com/
    http://feeds.feedburner.com/roadhouse

Actually if people know of any other good jazz/blues podcasts, we should get a sticky going - give some more publicity to both the casts and the bands.

DB walker has his own podcast, thats alright.
    but, on a quick iTunes search, roadhouse and DB are the only ones I found.

Advertisement