Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cat/kitten adoption in westmeath?

Options
  • 23-07-2005 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭

Having just moved to Rochfortbridge from Dublin we are ready to get a cat or two. I have always been around cats so now im not living at home any more i have no cats.

So anyone know of any in mullingar or somewhere? Just save me transporting a cat for an hour from dublin.

Otherwise any suggestions for places to get cats? Shelters etc. I found http://www.kittenadoption.ie/ in the links thread. Anyone run any shelters here and have some kittens/young cats to adopt? We want 2, my wife would like a ginger calico and im not too bothered.. i would like a smokey grey cat or maybe an all black shorthair (rare these days is seems).

We both work so the kitten/cat needs to be of a certain age that it can be left alone for the day. You can be guaranteed of a loving home, we both are cat people and i myself have adopted cats into our home (not always with my parents knowledge at first) since i was a kid. All of our cats have been strays or unwanted and have lived until old age took them. My wifes calico back home in the states is 13 years old. Too old to bring over here.

Anyway suggestions will be appreciated. My wife wants kitties now, i think a couple of weeks is best till we get painting and stuff done :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Mabey someone else can suggest other rescues in your area, I do know that kitten adoption is well worth getting kittens from.
    The health checks they get before being rehomed are top notch and they have great back up advice and support over the phone if you need them. Very experienced.
    I don't want to speak for kitten adoption itself but in general many rescues can organise the homecheck and once that is done transport can sometimes be arranged, that's how it works at our rescue if homes are further afield.

Here's a link which might help..you may have it already.
    http://www.irishanimals.ie/cats/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Thats great thanks did not have that link. some some lovely older cats in one of the dublin sites on that one. Thanks Will check it out in a few weeks.

Advertisement