Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Greatest American Hero

Options
  • 23-07-2005 9:39am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else watch The Greatest American Hero, William Katt and Robert Culp.
    Where can I get that on Video/DVD, I remeber it was great stuff, great theme music too, "Believe It Or Not", I remember we all had to learn it for a show in primary school, must have been around 1982 or so.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭JoeSchmoe

great show, from what I remember, probably the best TV Theme ever too, imagine how happy I was when I found the album it's on in a charity shop last year, 2 quid, what a bargain!!

Joey Scarbury
    090431672525.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I reckon everyone watched it on its first showing unless they had the luxury of more than two channels and missed it.

Anyway, you'll be pleased to know that the first two seasons featuring the accidental inept hero are out on DVD. Only region 1 though. Cheapest/easiest place to get them is probably from dvdimport.com - you'll have both seasons in your hands in a few weeks for a total of about 65 dollars Canadian. Or about 45 euros. Playusa.com have them as well but they're more expensive. Oddly enough they released season 2 before season 1.

Season 3's out in a little over a week. That's the lot.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Sweet, can't remember what happened in the end, did he ever figure out the instructions?
    Anyways thanks for the info.

Hoping though that since they brought back tripe like Automan and Manimal to Bravo, perhaps we could see American Hero again. Bravo or Living, can't remember!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

loved it as a kid, will def get the boxset, great to be able to spend the auld saturday afternoons watching classic TV ;)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Used to love it, watched it again recently... really shouldn't have. It rather sucked watching it as a big person.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭Sarn

Loved it, I hated the way he kept losing the instructions.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

But then, he was a shmuck!
    Wasn't there another guy who had the instructions or something?
    Anywhere I can get that series here? If I buy another thing thru interwebby I will be dragged to the back of the garden and shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

The last thing I remember about that show, was him shrinking down to a minute size, on a beach or something. Then he regrew to normal size but forgot to resize the book of instructions, and it was then lost on the beach..

K.

Yup, that was it, bloody hell I was 9 when that show was on tv, makes one feel a tad old 'n crusty so it does, all the stuff you watched that are a generation away from the other adults out there, Battle of the Planets, Simon & Simon, Anything Goes on a Saturday morning, with "Anus" McNally, ah the good old days when we had bugger all!

Advertisement