Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aerial for irish stations

Options
  • 23-07-2005 1:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

I live in sligo and have great reception from truskmore for rte from just set-top aerial, but tg4 and tv3 arent great. What sort of aerial would i need for this. Also would this be any good??
    www.argos.co.uk

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Ulsterman 1690

RTE1 and 2 from Truskmore are on VHF (Band 3) TV3 and TG4 are on UHF (Group C/D) So you need a UHF aerial to recieve them

UHF signals dont penetrate walls as easily as VHF so even if you are getting good reception of the VHF channels on your indoor aerial you may still need an outside (or loft mounted) aerial for TV3 and 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 gipo

if i install a vhf aerial will this effect the reception of rte. Also i would need a loft box (i think) because i only have one coaxial for satellite and above going into living room. Where can i get these and using a triplexer are these any good???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭Pataman

Where do you find the location of the transmitters?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭Pataman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Ulsterman 1690

if i install a vhf aerial will this effect the reception of rte.

The VHF aerial (which you already have) is for RTE
    The UHF one you need is for TV3 and 4 (10 element should be sufficent in Sligo)

If If installed properly (with a proper diplexer/triplexer) they shouldnt affect each other

If is possible to diplex UHF and satellite onto a single cable but this particular type of diplexer can be fairly pricey Unless its particularly inconveinent to do so youd probably be better off with a seperate downlead from the aerial to the TV

• Advertisement
Advertisement