Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John McLoughlin Instructional DVDs

Options
  • 22-07-2005 9:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭

The esteemed Karl Hungus brought this back to my attention recently. I remember Fusion flagged it when it was released first, with the alarming price tag of $150 IIRC :eek:

Just wondering if anyone hear has had the grapes (and deep wallet) to buy it yet and, if so, what did ye think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Fusion251

http://shop.klanghaus.com/catalog/html/thisisthewayidoit

Theres a link to a clip of it....It's very concise, some great exercises, but it has some of the worst background music between scenes I've ever heard!!

Fusion
    :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Buddhapadge

Admittedly I'm not a guitar player, but all the feedback I've heard on that DVD has been very positive. 150 quid might sound like a lot, but for your money you get a certain insight into how one of the great jazz guitar players plays that you mightn't get from a book or from listening to his albums. I'd pay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Aye, I've no doubt it's the dogs' but $150 for three discs? Just can't see myself doing it tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Custom22

I've seen clips from it and thought that it wasn't particularly great. Might be really great for some though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Indeed. I like the odd instructional video, they're quite excellent, but $150 is just plain outright ridiculousness, in all honesty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Velvet Vocals

Well, not to be one to promote any kind of riping off or anything..... but...... I'll just say this "lime wire"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

if you wanna play like mclaughlin kill yourself now it would be easier
    if you learn how he improvises without nesscesarily wanting to play his licks then the dvd is worthwhile
    I know a guy who has it pretty good but jm as much i love him is very arty
    in process of trying to boorow the damn thing
    that doesnt i, gonna make copies and sell them on boards ok
    he he he heheehhe

Advertisement