Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Day on Morning Ireland

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

mike65 wrote:
    [http://dynamic.rte.ie/quickaxs/morningireland.smil]Morning Ireland Real Audio stream.

Bits of interest at 26 mins - 31 mins, 45 mins - 57 mins, 1.44 - 1.55.

Covering instrastucture and buisiness.

Mike.

I listened to some of it on the way to work. The interesting things to me were Martin Cullen's implication that the 2nd bridge would be his legacy, (if true, that might speed it up, then again, anyone remember the Bertie Bowl?) and also that the Dublin motorway would be finished on time. Interestingly enough, it was referred to as a motorway by Martin Cullen but a dual carriageway by another girl that was being interviewed about it. (Im not sure who she was). I'll NEVER vote FF again if they change the motorway plan and downgrade it to a slow Dual Carriageway.

Then again... I might never vote FF again anyway :p The lack of a credible challenge to big Marty Cullen is a problem here. John Deasy seems the only other option.. but would he have the clout? (i.e. A Cabinet position and the balls to use it for the good of his home county).

I think Waterford day on RTE1 raised as many questions as it did answers really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

To be honest I'm just glad to hear anything thats more than a 2 min news item about the Deice. The road to Dublin is I belive described as a "wide dual-carraige way" I suspect the NRA site will tell.

Mike.

mike65 wrote:
    To be honest I'm just glad to hear anything thats more than a 2 min news item about the Deice. The road to Dublin is I belive described as a "wide dual-carraige way" I suspect the NRA site will tell.

Mike.

Hmmm... A "wide dual carriageway" wont have the kind of speed limit a motor way will have though. Its the difference between 100Kmph and 120Kmph. (I think :o )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭shanethemofo

lol.. i like the way all of u guys are pro fianna fáil... it makes me proud :..)

lol.. i like the way all of u guys are pro fianna fáil... it makes me proud :..)

I used to think FF were great! But they just chipped away at my enthusiasm.. people sitting in chairs for 3 days in A&E, The rest sitting in traffic for the 3 days, and then theres Bertie giving Celia a job....

Ive enough of FF now.. as do lots of people! Still, If I can drive to Dublin in an hour and a half without clocking up penalty points, I might just forget their Fk' ups. I doubt it though..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Marcopolo85

Trotter wrote:
    Hmmm... A "wide dual carriageway" wont have the kind of speed limit a motor way will have though. Its the difference between 100Kmph and 120Kmph. (I think :o )

Anything will be better than that $hite of a boreen from Waterford to Paulstown via the Metropoli of Mullinavat, Ballyhale, Thomastown and Gowran :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭kano476

ah theres nothing like the experience of crawling through mullinavegas behind one of those artic's that forgot to go through kilkenny because most cant FIT through thomastown and thinking to yourself "i cant believe this is a main road".

I remember a couple of years ago i was talking to an american couple that rented a car an drove to waterford - they said they spent the whole journey looking for the highway.

i used to like fianna fail but there cronieism and abandonment of this region is a disgrace and i would never vote for them.

Advertisement