Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Becommong Racist???

Options
  • 22-07-2005 12:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭

Lately I feel I'm becoming more racist as I'm sick off these foreigners coming into our country and getting everything handed to them, an example is that I went to view a house near carpenters town yesterday the house is priced a 440,000, I drove into the estate and every second house was a refugee or a black family, now how the F*ck do these people get these kind of houses of the social welfare, I'd rather see Irish people from poorer areas of Dublin in the houses and put the refugees and blacks into the poorer parts of Dublin. Not only that they don't seem to te f*ck about the area as they park all over the road and there gardens look like jungles (although probably reminds them of home). On another note was in henry street yesterday could'nt believe what I seen a big black moma with children hanging out of her and one of her kids was having a crap on the ground and she was giving him a hanky to wipe his arse, we don't need these people in our country, this is something you would see in lagos...I know the Irish have a history of travelling all over the world but I can lay money that no Irish mother was in New York and letting here child have a crap in time square....any way I feel were getting over run with them especially in Dublin...anyone else feel the same way

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

sounds like you're well and truly one already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Now all you have to do is apply for the KKK!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

You're seeing what you want to see. So you saw one black woman let her child defecate on the pavement and use that as an example of your point. However, you could equally pick out the fifty shaven-headed foul mouthed Irish scumbags you've probably passed by recently as an example of the Irish being louts. Or some young mother pushing a pram as an example of abuse of the social welfare system. But you don't do you? *Sigh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭dublinguy05

ixoy, this is not just only one incident I'm talking about, I know what your saying about the bald head scumbags and socail welfare bums and junkies littered all over the town, but very country has them, that has been accepted...I go to work five days a week to make a fw quid to pay for my house, car, holidays etc. they don't work, have the same house as myself drive a car sure whats the point in me working...considering there arriving in off the boat and getting the same without contrabuting a cent to the economy...if a country is going to take you in as a refugee, and pay for your kids education give you a much better lifestyle, at least they can do is respect it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Sorry, meant to start new thraed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,299 ✭✭✭✭Victor

How many Irish people do you see urinating or worse on a weekend night?
    they don't work,
    How do you know what income or wealth someone has?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Victor wrote:
    How do you know what income or wealth someone has?
    Well that was going to be my question. dublinguy, because they're black or Asian, does that immediately mean they must be refugees on welfare? How the hell do you know they don't have jobs? In my area it's similar to carpenterstown, every second house has non-nationals in it, but I know for a fact that one of these houses has two families living in it, with all four parents working to pay the mortgage. The vast majority of the rest of them are renting. By and large, the people doing the best out of the recent immigration are the Irish themselves. Nationals are buying up property right left and centre, and renting them to non-nationals who can't get a mortgage.

Ireland has changed a lot. The proportion of rented houses (as opposed to apartments and townhouses) has skyrocketed. A staggering amount of new homes in estates are now bought purely for renting out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭boardsee

Far too many of them, damn right.
    Have you ever sat in a que in casualty lately, jaysus christ its unbelieveable, the amount of monkeys in there. And what way do they talk, they cant talk quietly amongst themselves,. all shouting and roaring like irrespectful knackers. And they smell like fook too. :mad:

I dont think im a racist, but may be beginning to feel like original poster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

It is a hard pill to swallow, But you gotta rise above it. I live in Clonee and litreally evry second house has Eastern Health Board tennants. TBH my neighbour is one and him and his family are absoultely lovely, It lifted my spirits and he often says that it is quite embarassing for him and his family to see the worst of the worst wrecking the estates.

My biggest problem is the people buying houses like chips in a chipper and renting them to absolute ANYONE. When i auctally picked my house off the map the woman in front took 4 houses...i couldnt believe this, I t was sickening to think that here we were making the biggest investment we will ever make and this very posh slightly arrogant woman was ''ah sure give me 4''. Now i find myself joining the residents committee(something i would never do) because we're all collectively gonna try and tackle the litter problems,trashy gardens and the parking the car any dam way they please. Atleast this way it wont turn into a lone ranger frenzy..it will be civilised and calmly done.

But as i said sometimes i gets you down.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

ummm How many of them are doctors?? Think about it.. crap hours but the pay is pretty good and when was the last time you saw an irish doctor at a hospital.. if you saw one recently he was probably surrpounded by.. well you could say foreigner but why not say new irish person? Do you consider Samantha mumba a foreigner? She sounds more irish than most people i know, she was born here afaik.

Yes you are racist now.

Im not racist, i would be prejudice against travellers in the sense i dont want anything to do with them. Im sure there are some very nice travellers but i have yet to see one that does not waltz into a beatiful public place and destroy it.. bushey park is a prime example.. i think they are gone now but a few years back it was a disaster area.

I have yet to see a "new irish" person be close to that bad. All i see is "black mommas" as you put it driving slowly and holding me up on the road.. why? Maybe because she has screaming kids and is being very safe. Nothing wrong with that.

You are just bitter because you cant see how they can possibly have more money than you. And can afford a nice house. Maybe some are getting them because of political assylum or something...

Oh by the way you owe a lot of people money here is a can absolutly tell you Irish people have had a dump in times square.. it was not always as it is and once not so long ago New York was just a settlers town with plenty of Irish pissing on the streets.

Public urination is the norm in some places like the Czech republic. And even here you get it. Hell maybe the kid was not potty trained yet or has a medical condition.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭supersheep

boardsee wrote:
    Far too many of them, damn right.
    Have you ever sat in a que in casualty lately, jaysus christ its unbelieveable, the amount of monkeys in there. And what way do they talk, they cant talk quietly amongst themselves,. all shouting and roaring like irrespectful knackers. And they smell like fook too. :mad:

I dont think im a racist, but may be beginning to feel like original poster.
    Call foreigners 'monkeys', and then say "I don't think I'm a racist"? Come on... You ARE a racist.
    Do you not feel that we have a responsibility to refugees as human beings? Not to put them before Irish people, but at the very least to give them something? And, of course, just because someone is foreign doesn't mean they're a refugee...

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭zenith

boardsee, dublinguy05 banned for racism.

No, it's not acceptable to say something racist by prefacing it with "I'm not a racist, but ..."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement