Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modding my xbox

Options
  • 22-07-2005 7:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

O.K. Here's the problem, I was modding my xbox and everything was going fine except for that it wouldn't let me on xbox live when I was finished. I tried deleting files that I thought were not needed. After I deleted the file Xonline-.xbe it still didn't fix the online problem and made it worse. Now, whenever I try to run linux throught mechassaualt my xbox freezes up. So now I can not reach my MS Dashboard or connect to the FTP to remove the mod. So if anyone has advice on how to get the file back and running it would be much appreciated. thanks. :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭silverlining

sounds like you screwed up the files on the C drive (probably deleted xboxdash.xbe and/or the fonts folder) and you also screwed up the 'run linux' savegame so you dont have an option unless you have a modchip (use slayers) or if doing a softmod you need a backup of your eeprom (so that you can unlock the HD and fix it with the xboxhdm C restore option).

There is the slightest, slimmest chance that a newer xbox live! game could be used to upgrade the MSdashboard but it probably wont work without the correct xboxdash.xbe or fonts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Slim Tom

This sounds a little more difficult tthat I expected. I have heard that getting a modchip is easier to work with and less hassle. So I'll probably be better off just getting a mod chip. So if you have any advice on what mod chip to get or what I should do when I get the chip, just message me back. Thanks :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭elmer

will games run at all?

Advertisement