Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Yahooo in Amsterdam

• 30-07-2001 1:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭

if you got any Q's re: a-dam just ask, i've been there twice this year already smile.gif

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Lo lads!!!!!

I decided that I needed a break so I've headed over to Amsterdam for a few days R'n'R. What a bloody city, this place is the dogs bollix. Everything is perfect except my bloody hotel room has no air conditioning....ouch !!!!!!!!

Gandalf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

its a great city
    i'm heading back there in september.
    just make sure that you remember where you live, near the canal isn't good enuff

Yeah had that yesterday got so lost I walked off the map I had :P

Took me ages to find the RLD today but I did eventually, bloody hell they leave nothing to the imagination do they !!!!!

Gandalf.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Gandalf & Micro,

Where did you stay in Amsterdam ?
    I'm heading over in late September and looking for a hotel, was yours to be recommended ? cost etc.

[This message has been edited by Samson (edited 01-08-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Yo_Mamma is there also as I type so when he gets back maybe he could tell us a little about it. I know he is going to the dance Valley where I checked on the web it looks Pure class.

Cheers Crash0r biggrin.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,491 ✭✭✭✭Victor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Chaos-Engine

Staying in Amsterdam

the city is cheap but accomadation isn't. I recommand u try around Ferdinand Bolstraat for accomadation its cheaper than the rest of the city alittle easier to stay in and its only a 5 min tram ride into the centre...
    Not sure about prices cause i stayed in a friends flat(he is the craziest person i know) smile.gif. Can't wait to go back in the End of September, Early October. It is the best place on earth to buy Seventies cloths biggrin.gif.

Besides that the clubs r a blast and its always good fun to sent some packages to your friends and your home while u r there biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifsmile.gif

I can't wait to go back smile.gif

"Information is Ammunition"
    Choas Engine
    Email: choas@netshop.ie

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Samson:
    Gandalf & Micro,

Where did you stay in Amsterdam ?
    I'm heading over in late September and looking for a hotel, was yours to be recommended ? cost etc.

[This message has been edited by Samson (edited 01-08-2001).]
    </font>

Stayed in the Best Western Musemn Hotel, check their website out at www.bestwestern.nl . I don't know if I'd recommend the place, the staff are great really friendly and go out of their way to help you out, but the room I had was tiny with no air conditioning and there was alot of traffic passing by the hotel at night.

It cost me £67 per night. But remember I booked this at the last minute so I'm sure I would have found a better price if I had the time to search around.

Gandalf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 127 ✭✭Drakus

For a cheap central hotel try The Rokin on Rokin or The Hoksbergen on Singel. Last time I was there(last Nov) I stayed in the Terdam around the Leidseplein. All are pretty good for the bucks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

I was there for the ireland match and found a nice lil £18 a nite guest house bout 10 mins walk from central station plus the barmaid was a bit of phwoar!!!! hotel rasmeline i think was the name was grand i think things a bit blurry i can try find the number if u like smile.gif

I might look like a fool but i`m really a blithering idiot

• Advertisement
Advertisement