Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Its my cats 21st Birthday

Options
  • 22-07-2005 12:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

It was my cats 21st Birthday this week. I reackon she must hold some sort of record. Although I cant seing her making it another year. Had her since i was 7. Long long time. Gonna miss her when she goes. Anybody ever heard of an older cat?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭smileygal

Guinness Book of Records used to have that type of record years ago . It might still have it. I think it was above 21 then.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

God that is shocking old! Happy Birthday to Kitty. Havn't heard of a cat that old no. Just enjoy the time you have left with her and don't forget to take lots of pictures and maybe a little of her on camcorder, my pet died fairly recently and I will always regret not having more to remember him by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭smileygal

Oldest Living Cat
    The oldest living cat in the world is 'Kataleena Lady', a Burmese born on March 11, 1977. Owned by Mrs V. Hayward of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, the mature moggy was 25 years old in April 2002

Not exactly up to date but direct from Guinness Records www.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Awww bless, great age!! Be interesting to hear if anyone else has had a cat live that long. My one up home is 16 so there's hope for her yet lol.

I always treat her to some cat milk :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

That's fantastic. How is she ? still fully mobile ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Bob Bogart

Micro1 wrote:
    It was my cats 21st Birthday this week. I reackon she must hold some sort of record. Although I cant seing her making it another year. Had her since i was 7. Long long time. Gonna miss her when she goes. Anybody ever heard of an older cat?

My Cat is 22 in August, had her all my life, mam got her a month after i was born, i will be crushed when she dies. She just sits there now like a fur ball but she was a great cat.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

happy birthday kitty!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

What did you get it for it's 21st?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

How does one prove to the world how old a cat is? I mean if you wanted to have her put in the record books like guinness. Just curious..

Anyway Thats old and a testiment to your care i would imagine. Well done. What do you feed her?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Wow, congratulations. Lovely to hear that shes kept you company for so long....wish I knew my pets were going to live to be that old!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭boroughmal

well done to the cat that is,
    Good job its not near my garden, I have been known to give a few a heart attack for digging up my seeds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Chucky

Have ye got any pictures of thesee cats? I've never seen one that old. I assume it looks pretty much the same but....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 maccoll

Wow.... Happy birthday to your kit, that's an incredible age. What's the key to so many years ?! Treasure every day that you have with her. One of our kits vanished ten days ago without trace and we are heartbroken. Our searches have yielded nothing. This guy never wandered so we just can't understand it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Caz16

boroughmal wrote:
    well done to the cat that is,
    Good job its not near my garden, I have been known to give a few a heart attack for digging up my seeds.

You sound like you're a right asshole

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

its amazing how attached people get to their pets...well done happy birthday kitty..

Advertisement