Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Eireann :P

Options
  • 04-08-2001 1:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭

Me and a couple of friends, bored over the holidays were hoping to travel to Tralee for a few days for a laugh. We began searching the web for hostels etc, and found that to travel by bus from Dublin to Tralee costs Tralee 15.00single/22.50 monthly return! We'd actaully be spending more on travleing there then we would on accomodation! In italy it was £28 return from Ancona to Rome on the train, and thats almost 300km. Then why the hell are wee paying nearly the same for a fraction of the distance? Yes, there is a discount for students, but none of us posses iD cards ATM, but we definatly fall into the poor student bracket.
    High prices not on from Bus Eireann

Anybody elses thoughts?

[This message has been edited by Qualm (edited 04-08-2001).]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,245 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Well Dublin to Tralee is 303 km according to the AA (and click on route planning).

and you probably get to stop in some tiny country village along the way! wink.gif

Not sure if there are any Kerry based bus companies offering alternative services - however the price doesn't seem unreasonable.

I presume ye are spending £7.50 - £15 each per night on the hostel. Or bring a tent.

Kill, kill, kill the laser mice.

[This message has been edited by Victor (edited 06-08-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭ConUladh

The tiny little village is Limerick mad.gif

You'll be half the f3ckin day on the bus

You should try see if there's any private buses running to Tralee, college websites would be a good place to check

Of no use to you but an example : JJ Kavenagh's (http://www.jjkavanagh.ie) do a bus to Limerick for £5 or £6 each way, whereas a return with buseireann is £16 and a single £10.50

[This message has been edited by ConUladh (edited 07-08-2001).]

[This message has been edited by ConUladh (edited 08-08-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 78,245 ✭✭✭✭Victor

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ConUladh:
    The tiny little village is Limerick mad.gif
    </font>

Don't they make a 'refreshment' break before Limerick? Sorry, I didn't mean to insult anyone. I meant another tiny little village.

Kill, kill, kill the laser mice.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭ConUladh

HaHa, no worries there was no jokey angry face

Borris In Ossery (prob spelt wrong) is the comfort break

Advertisement