Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golden Girls

Options
  • 21-07-2005 9:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

The Golden Girls are back on LIVING TV from this weekend for anyone who is interested. Personally, i think it's one of the funniest U.S. sitcoms ever made!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

good lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,155 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Are any of them still alive?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,845 ✭✭✭✭Basq

All of them as far as i know... shocking, huh?!
    del_boy85 wrote:
    Personally, i think it's one of the funniest U.S. sitcoms ever made!!!
    Please.. tell me you're shi*ting me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

del_boy85 wrote:
    The Golden Girls are back on LIVING TV from this weekend for anyone who is interested. Personally, i think it's one of the funniest U.S. sitcoms ever made!!!

And would you be in your late 80's or 90's ??....... Ahh those were the good ould days

• Registered Users Posts: 9,155 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

basquille wrote:
    Very! Shady Pines, ma, Shady Pines.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Three of them are. Estelle Getty, who played Sophia died a few years back

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I actually used to love when I was a kid... I'm must try and catch an episode.

'Hey Dorothy, lets eat some cheesecake'

'Ma!'

'etc.'

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭bladetrinity

sicily 2million bc... lol

• Registered Users Posts: 43,845 ✭✭✭✭Basq

BuffyBot wrote:
    Three of them are. Estelle Getty, who played Sophia died a few years back
    Nope.. she's still alive! Bad rumour circulated a few years back that she died - even check her IMDB page here! But she is very ill - unfortunately struggling with Dementia! :(

She was even in the news 2 days back about it:
    GOLDEN GIRL GETTY STRUGGLING WITH DEMENTIA

Former GOLDEN GIRLS star ESTELLE GETTY has become so affected by senile dementia, she can no longer remember anything about the hit TV show she once starred in.

The veteran actress can remember very little about her life and her career, according to pal and Golden Girls co-star RUE McCLANAHAN.

McClanahan explains, "She's not well at all. Estelle doesn't know anything about having done a show called Golden Girls. She doesn't recognise any of us.

"She can't really carry on a conversation anymore.

"She's got the same disease, I was told, that DUDLEY MOORE died of."
    20/07/2005 09:25
    Original source: http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/golden%20girl%20getty%20struggling%20with%20dementia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Moe79

Great news aboutr Golden Girls back on TV, must tune in for some more Rose-isms and endless stories about St. Olaf.

I heard Estelle Getty had Parkinsons, didn't realise she had become demented too. Sad.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Nope.. she's still alive!

Poor woman :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭del_boy85

Sad about Estelle Getty. I think if you get over the fact that the protaginists are in their 60's it's got some of the sharpest comedy dialogue seen in any sitcom.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Betty White's currently in Boston Legal, playing a dotty old bat. She's had quite a number of roles in the past decade-odd, mostly playing a dotty old bat. Usually quite entertainingly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Anyone ever see "Stop! or my Mom will shoot" ? Maybe its karma.......

Golden girls funny, I dont f-ing think so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Heh, just checking the biogs on IMDB and it turns out Getty was actually 2nd youngest of the four main characters on the show.

In fact she was ironically actually YOUNGER than her 'daughter' BeaArthur by about 2months. I wonder is that a unique bit of casting for TV?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Pigman II wrote:
    Heh, just checking the biogs on IMDB and it turns out Getty was actually 2nd youngest of the four main characters on the show.

In fact she was ironically actually YOUNGER than her 'daughter' BeaArthur by about 2months. I wonder is that a unique bit of casting for TV?

Was she the one that looked and talked like a man in drag ?

Advertisement