Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turkey : Have you been?

Options
  • 09-07-2001 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭

lo all,

I'm heading to Turkey for two weeks much needed break from Devore...and Regi...and Vexorg..and...well you get the idea...

I wanna hear from people who have been there, their experiences, good and bad and what they did and got upto...

thanks in advance folkles! smile.gif

Luc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

I was there a few years ago.

It was pretty good.

The night life is bassed around disco bars not many night clubs. Let me know what part you are going to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭bettyboo

Went last year and had an amazing time....

Can't rate it highly enough, especially Istanbul.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Oh, doh, meant to say where exactly FanJ, two weeks in Bodrum, Gumbot(sp?), Bitez area.

Any stories about around there? Anything I have go see?

biggrin.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

isnt that the place where those tourists were tortured last month? } wink.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

No torture could live up to or come a mile close to the hell of all that bad Macromedia Dreamweaver non-compliant HTML you give me to work with figgy!!! wink.gif

(Did I mention I'm going to Turkey next week?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

ba$%^&**£"^ smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭Panda

I was in Kusadasi a few years back, it was a bit boring since i was too young to go out and get hammered, and the heat was ridiculous.

Another bad point was when my whole family got food poisioning, and were sick for several days. But despite that one incident the food was really great.

The markets were ok, you could get Genuine Imitation goods, of reasonable quality, eg: Rolex and Tag Heuer watches(my tag Heuer watch still works!) But one thing that gave me a headache, was the fu[king bartering with the stall owners. They'd drive you mental.

Aka: Dragon,Sexual Harassment Panda, SCUMM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

Im going to Bodrum about a week after Lucutus comes back, let me know how y'all get on...

Who is The Beefy King ?

Owing to an administrative error, the Pope had been replaced by Lemmy from Moterhead...

[This message has been edited by plastic membrane (edited 12-07-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Bomberman

I am goin 2 Kusadasi on Saturday any 1 know any good spots? or what its like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Coyote

I went about 7 years ago.
    it was a lovely place to be back then not sure what it;s like now but it can not have changed too much.
    things to see are the the main town fort the harbor they had great hand made ships back then. go on a boat trip for a day trip to a island, fun, food, sun, drink, and the sea smile.gif
    one other thing to go to, there is a old city (can not rember the name of it) about 3-4 hours away about 2000 years old it has one of the oldest libries ever bulit (no books in it now) it has a charet stadum which is so cool. ben hur here we come wink.gif

if you want to find the best things buy loney planet book for where ever your going.

[This message has been edited by Coyote (edited 17-07-2001).]

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by plastic membrane:
    Im going to Bodrum about a week after Lucutus comes back, let me know how y'all get on...

</font>

i was in bodrum about a month ago
    the place is really odd. its basically a hugh market, well its not v.big, welling all kind of everything, all of while is guarnteed originally fake. if you are into to designer rip-off's and the like its a super spot.
    there are some great restraunts tho, and the castle is well worth a trip. also every monday is the main market and the place is packed with tourists from greece and other spots in turkey.

any more q's fire ahead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Sean

i went few years back it's a very nice place the people are nice all that. wink.gif

Advertisement