Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now why would I want to do that?... not a bad site though...

Options
  • 15-07-2001 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

www.cometocork.com

Interesting... further investigation required... wink.gif

Not a bad site... although I'm not completely convinced that 'coming to Cork' is a good idea...

convince me ! (or comment on the site)

g'wan

Bard
    I've got a plan... and it's as HOT... AS MY PANTS!!!" - Lord Flashheart.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Second version of the site in less than two years. Looks better than the last version though the colours are too much for me, especially that yellow/orange colour. Frames. Sucky. The right frame is too small and should take up more room.

Nice to see someone I know on the mainpage. Too much writing in the intro piece and its too small.

Hopefully it will be kept up to date this time round, though it doesn't look like it.

It'd be nice if they had pics and dscriptions of tourist attractions instead of addresses and phone numbers. Thats really gonna sell the county to tourists. Ascii art representations of local tourist attractions.

Corks a grand place, small enough to be local, but with a good few things to do. Have a look at http://www.peoplesrepublicofcork.com
    But thats a local guide for local people.. are you local ?

Ah crap its gone offline, just after I buying the t-shirt.

CometoCork.com is not the Ultimate guide to cork, ist far from it, though I would say that when I am compiling stuff together to make my own guide... not biased I swear.

[This message has been edited by yellum (edited 15-07-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

No I'm not local - I'm a Limerick born fellah living in Dublin - but I have a lot of relations and family background/history in Cork (I'm an O'Keeffe) and wouldn't mind visiting once in a while, if I knew what Cork was worth going to for apart from visiting relations wink.gif

Shur, Páic Uí Chaoímh... thats "O'Keeffe Park"! tongue.gif ahar...

Bard
    I've got a plan... and it's as HOT... AS MY PANTS!!!" - Lord Flashheart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

That "Local" thing was a quote from the League of Gentlemen, don't think my fellow Corkonians are like Tubs and her husband though.

Whats to see in Cork, well theres West Cork, lovely beaches and towns. Kinsales a nice little tourist town, Bantry is cool, the whole Beara penninsula is real breathtaking. Some good places in East Cork too, like Cobh, which has a good Heritage centre.

That stupid site should show all that, I dunno. Oh you'll have to see Blarney too for the stone and Castle. Go into Blarney Woolen Mills too to see stupid ass americanos dish out loadsa money for wool jumpers and idiotic looking caps. Begorah.

Speaking of Pairc Ui Caoimh, grrrrr, well done Kerry I suppose.

Advertisement