Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Egypt

Options
  • 09-07-2001 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭

Im off to egypt with the girlfriend in 3 months, to backpack around for 3 weeks. Has anyone been, any advice. Ive read the lonely planet guide (great book btw) but just wondering if anyone here has any stories?

I'd like to sound deep, but fun like a fruit pie but not as sugary. A sour fruit pie. I'm in the process of unravelling the greater and lesser meaning of things, casting aside society's assumptions and expectations in a bid to become an original thinker/writer, but possibly in the process turning into a bit of a cliché.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭K!LL!@N

I haven't heard anything bad about Egypt.
    My neighbour just got back from Luxor. He had a great time. But obviously you need to be wary in the larger cities.

Be careful of the roads too. I read somewhere that the egyptian driving test consists of driving in a straight line for 10 metres. Could this really be true? biggrin.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

I was there a long time ago, when I was 11 smile.gif

I do remember some things though, dont expect stuff like transport to be there. We were meant to take a ferry type ship across to Sinai and it never turned up so onto a fishing vessel we go tongue.gif. But this is the type of thing you expect on a holiday, especially if you are going to Egypt.

The people are very friendly and are always willing to help so you won't have any problems there. Obviously, dont drink the water, eat salads, or have ice in your drinks, there is every chance you will become VERY ill. Malaria tablets, etc, bla you know all this.

Advertisement