Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Viral Hybridisation

Options
  • 20-08-2001 6:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭

I make no claim that this is possible, but I am interested in knowing if it is... I'm doing some research and I'm trying to find a possible (even a shaky possibility! wink.gif ) way of allowing human-alien hybrids to interbreed with humans.

This is for a novel I'm working on, and I'm just wondering as to the plausability of the latest method I've dreamt up.

A given human, X; has their DNA virally altered at the embryonic stage (hybridised) by organisation ABC. After birth, X matures to adulthood with the appearance of a human.

When breeding, X's sperm or ovum are "infected" with a virus-like agent... but the DNA of the carrier is human. This virus in turn "infects" the embryo, who develops as X.

I am too tired to write properly. Oh the fun, I need to write an article on Windows XP product activation when I get home! wink.gif

To the coffee!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JustHalf:
    I'm doing some research and I'm trying to find a possible (even a shaky possibility! wink.gif ) way of allowing human-alien hybrids to interbreed with humans.

This is for a novel I'm working on
    </font>

A novel eh? A likely story. I'm on to you! cool.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

Yes, really (though I would like to breed eventually).

Ho hum, I said nothing.

Really though, is there any way of doing such a thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭KevDaEdbanger

Himm, is there a Si-fi section to this board?
    if not maby there should be. I'm writing a lo-tech Si-fi RPG atm and would apreacitate a place where I could air my views and get feedback. Any Moderators reading this?

When I find out who hacked me acount I'm a goana get 'em!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

Though there is no specific sci-fi board, try:

In "After Hours":
    ::> "Films / TV"
    ::> "Literature"

In "Games"
    ::> "Role Playing"

Advertisement