Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Game Development Project

Options
  • 20-07-2005 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭

Hi,

This post is a promotion ( and/or recruitment ) of a new Computer Game Development Website that has been created by two waterford based Game/Internet Developers. The website is geared towards the development community but it still provides general users the ability to download free games.

The site will be ready in the next two weeks. I'll update this post when the launch date is near. Even if you have no previous knowledge of Game Development we provide all the tutorials and samples to get you off the ground. Most of the games we develop are open source.

I'm currently looking for contributors to help develop and maintain a brand new game design website. At the moment the Forum is live at www.gamemakerhome.co.uk/forum Please visit us to find out more information.

The site is based (bit not exclusivley based) on the software Game Maker (.gml) it’s an easy to use tool for developing platform games / 2D shooters and RPG. Some of the members are really advanced game developers. Here is a link to one of my favourite games at the moment << http://coolmoose.net/v3/cmp.php >> (please not that the game is not currently hosted on my server, but it will be shortly).

We are looking for designers to come onboard and contribute to our website. If you have good Photoshop / 3D / design skills then why not showcase your work? We are offering web space for you to host your work on our server. We will also be providing blog space to all the moderators / admins from our forum if they require such a service.

If you have a knowledge of php / mysql / access / mamboserver / phpBB / C++ then get i'd be interested in hearing from you.

The forum has been active for the past three days and there is a great interest in it thus far. We expect to have over 200 active members by the end of next month. Gamemakerhome.co.uk is been run by two Irish developers and is currently in the process of merging with two other Game Maker Websites (one from Holland and the other is based in the US).

If you have an interest in game development or just want to show case your design talent then please register with us today and join our growing community.

Thank you very much for reading this post.

Rollo @ www.gamemakerhome.co.uk
    For a sneak preview of two projects that are currently in development.... http://www.gamemakerhome.co.uk/beta/matu.html

Advertisement