Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bush to address the nation on stem cell research

Options
  • 09-08-2001 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

at 9pm EST. First time his mug will have appeared on TV. Should be intresting to see what he has to says.

I put money down he plans to clone himself. wink.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Bob the Unlucky Octopus

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Hobbes:

I put money down he plans to clone himself. wink.gif

</font>

God help us all if that's true. I imagine he'll try to walk the fine line of keeping the Hard Christian Right satisfied, while assuring the scientific community that we'll still be a "leader in cutting-edge stem-modification research". On a personal level, all I'm interested in is assuring that stem cell research outside of a zygote setting is allowed to proceed. We are close to unraveling the once-mysterious cell degradation pattern of rheumatoid arthritis. To have it spoiled by the policy ramblings of a village idiot (and an elected village idiot at that) is not something I want to see.

Ought to make for an interesting "dance of issues"... I'll tune in if I can smile.gif

Bob the Unlucky Octopus

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

He'd hardly back it would he!?

After all he just met the pope a short while ago, and the main topic of discussion was the evils of cloneing!

[edit] oh wait this is george bush we're talkin about, he do what ever he's 'friends' tell him to do...[/edit]

"just because you're not paraniod, doesn't mean they're not after you!"

[This message has been edited by azezil (edited 10-08-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

doonesbury always hits the spot
    db010810.gif

kent brockman: "... and while we're speaking of well educated manner they tend to use low brow expressions like 'oh Yeah' and 'come here a minute'.
    homer: "oh yeah!, they think they're better then us. bart, come here a minute!"
    bart: "you come here a minute"
    homer oh yeahhh!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Bob the Unlucky Octopus

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by azezil:
    He'd hardly back it would he!?

After all he just met the pope a short while ago, and the main topic of discussion was the evils of cloneing!

[edit] oh wait this is george bush we're talkin about, he do what ever he's 'friends' tell him to do...[/edit]

</font>

The only problem with that azeizel, is that stem-cell research is not the same as cloning- not even close. I've just seen his address to the Senate Health OverSight Committee- when the record goes public, I'll post on that in more detail.

Bob the Unlucky Octopus

Advertisement