Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MIT

Options
  • 21-07-2001 5:43pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine told me the Boys at MIT teleported an electron from point A to point B

Can anyone provide me with more information on this subject?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Your all laughing arent you.... :C

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I've heard about this, I'll try and get back to you with more info, but I'll have to find my notes from a lecture i had on it last year. It depends also whether you are talking about true teleportation or a teleportation of states using quantum techniques, as in quantum cryptography (i think there is a brief overveiw of this in "the Code Book" by Simon Signh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Bob the Unlucky Octopus

It is in fact a cryptographic technique- using a contraparallel magnetic field I believe. I'll post the link as and when I find it. If not, I'll post a mini-bibliography of references courtesy of some of my friends studying engineering there. Highly interesting stuff this: Watch this space smile.gif

Bob the Unlucky Octopus

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I'm only 18 FFS...my brain cant handle that kinda information-please dum it down a shay biggrin.gif

No, thanks really I was Joking.

• Advertisement
Advertisement